SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Boost gauge flush mount??

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  c70pusher 
#1 ·
Hey gang,

I was wondering has anyway looked into mounting a boost gauge in the dash, just under the air vent (driver side). This would of course require (gasp) cutting into the dash and flush mounting it so just the silver bezel of the gauge (autometer, 2 1/16) would show. But i dont know whats under the air vent. It's gonna be tight anyway, but it might work. Since IPD nor Eeastern Aerospace sells the pillar pod to fit the C70, i cant put it there. (I was really hoping to get the EA pod, i think that would be good for at least 25whp
) Anyway, the gauge is about 2 1/2 inches deep. Anybody have any thoughts? Thanks, Phill.

See less See more
#3 ·
Phill,
Yeah, that same issue has haunted me for the past few years. I also don't like the A Pillar mount...doesn't look discreet enough.
Few years back, I had the gauges mounted around the ash tray area with a very cheesy back pane. It was just not a very clean looking mount.
Then later last year, I had the Myer Emco guy did a custom mount for the AVC-R and took out that back plate for the gauges.
Now, last time when the car was on the dyno, it was actually quite crucial to have an analog boost gauge and a EGT gauge (I've recently donated those to my cousin
).
So, I had them installed the gauges and leave the wiring for the audio installer guy to tidy it up. Just be patient....if you cannot make it for the GTG this weekend to see the car in person, I will take few photos of the gauges (now flush-mounted inside the arm rest).
I know there is really no good spot to mount these gauges in these cars. I can feel your pain.

#4 ·
Can you feel my pain? I guess you can, and from all the things you have done to your car, a whole lot more pain
Yeah, I am planning on being there this weekend. 9 am on Saturday, right? I gotta see your car in person. Right before they put it on display at the MET
I wanted to have the gauge in before this weekend, but it looks like, i'll have to wait until the next weekend. I guess it might be a good idea to see what other people have done before I take out the saw! Anyway, thanks for your advice.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.