SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

EXHAUST AGAIN..

1K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  Kai 
#1 ·
Ok sorry about the double post on stuff..

Ok I need exhaust. I am thinking about going in differenct areas, like going with Magnaflow and other stuff... First QUESTION is what all do I need to redo my entire exhaust and attach to my headers? SECOND If you did this what all would you get and from where? BIG HELP GUYS, THANKS!

#4 ·
About the custom exhaust system....

Where to start....

No, you can't attach this new pipe to your header....your header/exhaust manifold is attached to the turbo on one side.

From the turbo on.....you can change the downpipe to larger diameter one, then high flow cat (not really worth it, but more street legal), then the catback piping with whatever muffler(s) you want.

Pretty much everyone here has the right ideas already...so pretty much anything you read on here is valid.

So, if you have the money to blow, you should be able to find a speed shop or some custom performance shop to fab you a system at pretty reasonable cost.

Really depends on what you want done....shops like that; especially in TX, should be able to do those kinda things at pretty good prices. Find few reputable ones around your area, and compare prices and their 'suggestions'.

#5 ·
quote:

Originally posted by NJ850N/A:
You would have the best info from Kai, he has one crazy custom exhaust and I had experienced it before. It sounded good, not loud at all. Drop him an email.

It's actually a bit quieter now with an additional muffler in the center, well, I think it's pretty quiet considering I'm running with test pipe most of the time. (okay..maybe all the time)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.