SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Radio Codes

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  mike_c70 
#1 ·
Hey all,

I need some help. I disconnected the battery to reset the check engine light. It worked, but when i went to turn on the radio it was asking for a code (four-digit code, i believe). I have no idea what the code is
Where can I find this code? Thanks, Phill.

See less See more
#2 ·
this is the 4 digit code that is the security code to operate your radio. you need to look for the blue and white credit card size card that should have come in the wallet in the glove compartment. if it is not there, you must bring your car to the dealer. they will not give you the number over the phone.

#3 ·
quote:

Originally posted by mjbr24:
they will not give you the number over the phone.
Yeah, unless they know you..

It is a PIA, but by just walking to the dealer and talk to them in person, they don't even really care if you own the radio or not.

Just bring them your DIN and the serial code on the back of the unit, and you should be fine.
C'mon Phill, I don't want to see your car on the 17th's weekend with the sound system not working...

Heheh..I hope that'll not be the case for me, let's hope Peter will return my Brax amp in time and have it fixed.

#5 ·
quote:

Originally posted by The_one_n_only:
Yeah, unless they know you..

It is a PIA, but by just walking to the dealer and talk to them in person, they don't even really care if you own the radio or not.

Just bring them your DIN and the serial code on the back of the unit, and you should be fine.
C'mon Phill, I don't want to see your car on the 17th's weekend with the sound system not working...

Heheh..I hope that'll not be the case for me, let's hope Peter will return my Brax amp in time and have it fixed.
Actually, I did that this past weekend because I got my car back from the shop and they gave me a new radio code. So I went to the dealer to find out which one is the correct one. They asked for proof of ownership of the car.

#7 ·
quote:

Originally posted by c70pusher:
Yeah, Mike, I guess I was just lucky then or the guy was being nice... Anyway, BTW, thanks for sending me that wiring schematic. I don't know if that helped me or confused me even more
No worries. I know that those diagrams definitely confused me even more.
That is is why I'm taking this really slow. I'm trying to go through the fuse box.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.