SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

springs

2K views 21 replies 3 participants last post by  dcbeltran 
#1 ·
Hello I'm new. I have had my 98 C70 Black coupe for 2 years and I'm ready for some modifying. I want to put some new springs that will lower the car some. Any sugestions on some good ones. I have been looking at Eibach. Any coments good or bad would be appreciated thanks.

#2 ·
I am not sure how inches lower Eibach can give you, but they should be decent. I mean you pretty much can't go wrong with any of these more reputable springs I've only heard from some Audi owners complained about the ride characteristic after few years of use.

There are a lot other springs out there for you: H&R,IPD,Intrax,Spax,PI(only seen one set
), and I believe APEX also has one. Most of these other companies will probably sell you the same set from the 850 and other 70 series. Everyone, except for IPD, has one particular kit for the C70. That does give you the impression that they pay extra attention to get things done right. I gave up mine because the ride was too soft and had another set of H&R sitting around.

Good luck...

#3 ·
They lower it .7 inches. Not much so I don't know if that's good enough. I have a buddy that put some on his M3 and said that the ride is fine. The price is pretty good only 265.00. Do you still have the other springs or did you get rid of them? How much did your previous ones lower your car? It's also time to replace my brake pads (28kmiles). I heard that your not suppose to use after market brake pads with the orginal rotors. Is this correct?

#4 ·
quote:

Originally posted by dcbeltran:
They lower it .7 inches. Not much so I don't know if that's good enough. Do you still have the other springs or did you get rid of them? How much did your previous ones lower your car?
Not sure about the figure they claim. My experience with IPD and H&R was...their springs will lower a bit more than they claim. IPD was the lowest, I could hardly fit two fingers in the fender gap...but it was also the softest.

#5 ·
quote:

I heard that your not suppose to use after market brake pads with the orginal rotors. Is this correct?
Nope, that is not correct. It doesn't matter if you use factory or aftermarket pads with the OE rotors. I'd stick with the factory pads if you don't mind the dust, they do perform pretty well for factory pads.

#11 ·
quote:

Originally posted by The_one_n_only:
Nope, Mike H. with blue C70 bought them from me.
I actually never installed them cuz I never got around getting Bilsteins (other monetary priorities). Plus my parents got pissed because it was taking up room on the garage collecting dust. I ended up selling them on Ebay. I'll probably end up going with H&Rs. Kai, how was the fender gap with the H&Rs compared to IPD?

#13 ·
quote:

Originally posted by mike_c70:
Kai, how was the fender gap with the H&Rs compared to IPD?
H&R sits much higher.
Like I said, IPD did put some time into making the front springs lower for the C70s. The car with H&R WAS sitting about 1/4 inch~1/2 inch compares to the IPD ones. But now with a heavy trunk...the front is lifted up a bit more. :'( Looks like some of those big old American car with saggy rear end.

#20 ·
quote:

Just took the first step and bought the ipd springs. Got a good deal 182.00. I also ordered the greill replacement from them. Can't wait to put these puppies on!
That's a pretty darn good deal. I don't think I pay only that for my set few years back.

Which grill you got? The full stainless one or the plastic one?

#21 ·
I got the Black mesh grill. They said that the silver coated mesh one didn't look as good on a black car as the black mesh one did.
Yhea, I thought the springs were a good deal considering they were listing them on their website for 286.00. They said that they are planning to have a sale in a couple of weeks and just passed on the sale now to me since I was ready to buy them.

#22 ·
I got the Black mesh grill. They said that the silver coated mesh one didn't look as good on a black car as the black mesh one did.
Yhea, I thought the springs were a good deal considering they were listing them on their website for 286.00. They said that they are planning to have a sale in a couple of weeks and just passed on the sale now to me since I was ready to buy them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.