SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Exhaust System

629 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Kai 
#1 ·
Ok guys. I have a question for the lot of you. I have a '01 C70 Coupe HPT. I want some more out of it. But I DO NOT want to play with the computer. This car already can cruise at 130mph on the freeway without breaking a sweat. I was thinking of putting on that cat back exhaust system from IPD part #WS2188SS. The car has a bit of turbo lag that needs to go, and the exhaust would alleviate that some....correct?? Is the IPD a good system to get. How loud does it make the car?? I don't want to announce myself when I pound on the throttle. I like the sleeper nature of the car and want to keep it that way. A little more rumble than it has now is fine but not like these darn Hondas I see running around here. I can hear them a block away. Are there any other products besides IPD that I should know about?? Thanks for your input.

#2 ·
If you don't mind the price of the IPD system, they are pretty decent. Not too loud at all, at least to my standard. The Supersprint one with two mufflers will be a bit quieter, but they also offer one system with only one muffler. Now that could be a bit louder, just doubt they will be THAT much louder.

If you are not getting an overly custom straight through system 3 inch piping with glasspack and a huge coffee can, both of these systems these two companies offers should be bearable to most of the cosumers' standard.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.