SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Belly-up !!!

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  topless_tart 
#1 ·
Well, after the initial promise of success, the factory in Japan has refused to drill the wheels and it's all gone belly up!

Please can anyone help me locate a set of wheels for my C70?!?!

I have considered importing a set of Volk IIII from the US, but can't get the dealer to respond.

Help please......

#2 ·
Which brand of wheel is that Japanese factory for?

It's gonna be hard for any reseller in the States to even attempt selling to overseas customers. Most of these speed shops want to stay local. You can call Mackin Industry (http://www.mackinindustries.com/raysinfo.html) and ask them if they know RAYS Engineering's European distributor. Talk to the guy Eddie at Mackin, he should be able to help you if not sell you a set.

For some reason I can't get into Volk Racing's web site anymore either.

If you mean that RAYS factory refuse to drill for you, it is very unlikely. The worst case is to find a distributor in your area to import a set for you and have some machine shop to drill it for you.

Are you trying to find the same set of Volk III that I have? I think they have stop making the Volk III already...not sure about Volk IV either.

Maybe I can sell you mine?

#4 ·
The Japanese plant was for the ACE 132's which I had ordered initially. I spoke to the manager of the UK importer and he was doing the legwork for me. Unfortunately he's on holiday now - perhaps the staff just cant be bothered with the hassle of it???

I have sent 3 or 4 e-mails to RAYS Engineering-Volk Racing about a set of IV's, but no response...Thanks for the contact, will give this a try, perhaps it will work?!?!?!

Thanx for the address on Khan, I have spoken to them before and they may be able to help with a set of RSR's.

Oh yeah, one last thing, it's not nice to tease...but seriously, if you ever want shot of the III's let me know.

#5 ·
quote:

Originally posted by topless_tart:
Oh yeah, one last thing, it's not nice to tease...but seriously, if you ever want shot of the III's let me know.
Well, not really teasing.
I have been thinking about getting the Advan Siena II wheels instead, but the wheels take FOREVER to order. It going to be around 3~4 months just like the lead time I had with the Volk III. Quite annoying...so if I do want to sell this set to you, I need to make sure I get the new wheels first.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.