SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Power Antenna switch

4K views 16 replies 5 participants last post by  mike_c70 
#1 ·
Hey guys,
I had something done to my C70 today and thought I would share if some of you have not heard of this. You know how your power antenna will not go down unless your radio is off. Well it was bugging me. I ran across the fix. It costs less than a hundered bucks and uses Volvo parts. Go to your local Volvo dealer and have them look up the power antenna from a S70. In there somewhere should be a switch and harness the plugs into the rear of your radio. The switch matches the other switches in my '01 C70 SE. So I would guess it should match all of them. I had my local dealer install it for me. I watched and I could have done it. It took the tech about 15 minutes to do the whole process. You do have to pull the radio out to install the harness. I had the switch located on the left side of the steering wheel. Its very simple. Why they dont put them on the car in the first place is beyond me??
I got the tip from another Website.
Take care

See less See more
#2 ·
quote:

Originally posted by Beemer_eater:
Hey guys,
I had something done to my C70 today and thought I would share if some of you have not heard of this. You know how your power antenna will not go down unless your radio is off. Well it was bugging me. I ran across the fix. It costs less than a hundered bucks and uses Volvo parts. Go to your local Volvo dealer and have them look up the power antenna from a S70. In there somewhere should be a switch and harness the plugs into the rear of your radio. The switch matches the other switches in my '01 C70 SE. So I would guess it should match all of them. I had my local dealer install it for me. I watched and I could have done it. It took the tech about 15 minutes to do the whole process. You do have to pull the radio out to install the harness. I had the switch located on the left side of the steering wheel. Its very simple. Why they dont put them on the car in the first place is beyond me??
I got the tip from another Website.
Take care

cool to know..thanks for sharing.
curious... why dont you just turn off your radio and it will go down :p hehehe

i am assuming this is if you turn off your car whiule the radio is on?

how much was the parts and labor?

#3 ·
No problem. Just trying to be of help. I listen to CD's mostly when I drive and it just bugged me that the antenna doesn't go down when the radio isn't on. And worse yet there isn't a control in the car for the antenna. Now there is. The harness and switch are Volvo part number #9204656 and it costs $42.48. The labor was a half hour. The switch goes into on of the 2 empty switch things next to your steering wheel on the left. It looks stock.

quote:

Originally posted by GShyneDM:
cool to know..thanks for sharing.
curious... why dont you just turn off your radio and it will go down :p hehehe

i am assuming this is if you turn off your car whiule the radio is on?

how much was the parts and labor?

#4 ·
quote:

Originally posted by Beemer_eater:
No problem. Just trying to be of help. I listen to CD's mostly when I drive and it just bugged me that the antenna doesn't go down when the radio isn't on. And worse yet there isn't a control in the car for the antenna. Now there is. The harness and switch are Volvo part number #9204656 and it costs $42.48. The labor was a half hour. The switch goes into on of the 2 empty switch things next to your steering wheel on the left. It looks stock.

i'll look into it when i get a chance

sounds good to me.

#9 ·
quote:

Originally posted by The_one_n_only:
Yup, Dennis @ Borton has always been very helpful. He got me this set of e code lenses for some dirt cheap prices.

Even Charles Linden mentioned that these lenses won't do much, but it doesn't hurt to have a spare set for such good price.
Kai, how much did you get the E-codes for? I'm going to be putting on my E-codes this weekend. Hopefully, I'll have time to put in the HIDs as well. Speaking of which, do you have pics up of them?

#10 ·
EEP!!

just pulled the car into the garage and SCRATCH!!! the antennae luckily was flexible enough that it only scraped the garage.. hehe i forgot i had the radio on pulling in. so i think i need the switch to put my antennae down now. someone going to show me how to install this sucker? :p or does the part come with instructions?

hrmm now to find 30 more bucks to spend grr...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.