SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

just saw two black c70s

2K views 17 replies 5 participants last post by  mike_c70 
#1 ·
one was like mine...
one had a ew grill from volvo. i hear it called the egg carton grill. looks pretty good to me. anyone else seen these?

but *sigh* two other people in my area with black c70s hrmmm... other people with my taste? hehe.. i just like to have a rare car, and seeing two of the same color kinda puts my "like" away :p hehehe oh well. what can i say.. i'll probably never see them again anyways

See less See more
#4 ·
Originally posted by GShyneDM:
one was like mine...
i hear it called the egg carton grill. looks pretty good to me. anyone else seen these?

Yeah I have the "eggcarton" grille on my "01 C70 SE HPT Coupe. I think it looks cooler than the Vert grille. Its not as shiny. Your up in LA? What city or area? I am down here behind the Orange curtain. I rarely see C70's. I think since I have had mine I have only seen less than a half dozen on the road and most of them have been the vert.

#5 ·
quote:

Originally posted by The_one_n_only:
Did he have any aftermarket exhaust system on that car? Chrome stock 17s? If that's the one, should be Ralph's.
i couldnt tell.. i drove by a parking lot and saw it. it was parked at this outdoor mall in San Gabriel next to Coco's :p hehehe
all i noticed was it was a c70 with the new grille

#6 ·
quote:

Originally posted by Beemer_eater:
one was like mine...
i hear it called the egg carton grill. looks pretty good to me. anyone else seen these?

Yeah I have the "eggcarton" grille on my "01 C70 SE HPT Coupe. I think it looks cooler than the Vert grille. Its not as shiny. Your up in LA? What city or area? I am down here behind the Orange curtain. I rarely see C70's. I think since I have had mine I have only seen less than a half dozen on the road and most of them have been the vert.

i am near the Pasadena area. I have seen three c70s in the South Pas area, one black coupe, one silver coupe, and one blue vert. then i saw a silver coupe and white coupe IN burbank. Then saw the black coupe in San Gabriel. I'll be a Black one with tinted windows in Pasadena hehehe (pictures to come soon) still in process of cleaning her up.

the previous owner bastard did not take care of this car. the oil was ULTRA dirty and low... i should have checked before i even test drove it. i dunno if the person ever changed the oil OR the filter for almost 20k miles!!! it has a service record of change at 5k... but its at 26k now!! eep!!

#8 ·
quote:

i am near the Pasadena area. I have seen three c70s in the South Pas area, one black coupe, one silver coupe, and one blue vert. then i saw a silver coupe and white coupe IN burbank. Then saw the black coupe in San Gabriel. I'll be a Black one with tinted windows in Pasadena hehehe (pictures to come soon) still in process of cleaning her up.

the previous owner bastard did not take care of this car. the oil was ULTRA dirty and low... i should have checked before i even test drove it. i dunno if the person ever changed the oil OR the filter for almost 20k miles!!! it has a service record of change at 5k... but its at 26k now!! eep!!

I am seeing a girl up that lives in Pasadena. She lives near San Gabriel St and Altadena. Do you know where that is?? I will look for you in your car the next time I am up there. Mine is the met green machine with chromed Canistos on it and tinted windows too. Mine is also a coupe.

With the rain we just had I forgot how nice it is to drive these cars when the streets are sopped. Mine has the wet weather package on it with the "W" button near the shifter. I dont like to use it. It makes the car launch in 3rd gear. Just be easy on the throttle and dont load the turb in this kind of weather. I also have traction control too so I am protected all around.

What kind of oil you running in your car??
If I was in your shoes. I would have the oil changed immediately then a day later have it changed again to get the crap out of your motor. So your sure everything is nice and clean in there. Its cheap insurance. Try and use a nice synthetic too.
Good luck!!!!!

#11 ·
quote:

Originally posted by The_one_n_only:
Did he have any aftermarket exhaust system on that car? Chrome stock 17s? If that's the one, should be Ralph's.
Ralph's? Do you mean Raffi that lives in Porter Ranch? He has a Supersprint exhaust. I haven't seen him around in a really long time. I usually bump into him at the post office every now and then. He was thinking of selling his car a while back. I wonder if he did.
Anyways, there's another C70 in the parking lot where I work. It's the plum looking color and he colored matched the grilled. That is big time EEWW. What pisses me off is that I know the guy. He found out that I owned the blue C70 and e-mailed me all kinds of questions about the car and I find out that he bought one! Ah well, mine is cooler anyways.

#12 ·
quote:

one was like mine...
one had a ew grill from volvo. i hear it called the egg carton grill. looks pretty good to me. anyone else seen these?

but *sigh* two other people in my area with black c70s hrmmm... other people with my taste? hehe.. i just like to have a rare car, and seeing two of the same color kinda puts my "like" away :p hehehe oh well. what can i say.. i'll probably never see them again anyways
Y'know, I was thinking... There seems to be enough people with C70 in the greater LA area. We should hold a meet sometime. Drive down Sunset or beverly blvd. That should catch some stares from people.

#14 ·
quote:

Originally posted by mike_c70:

Y'know, I was thinking... There seems to be enough people with C70 in the greater LA area. We should hold a meet sometime. Drive down Sunset or beverly blvd. That should catch some stares from people.
you mean MORE stares than usual?
hehehe
ive only had the car a little while.. i dunno for for sure about the stares, but i have been gotten a lot of talk witht he neighbors :p

#15 ·
quote:

I am seeing a girl up that lives in Pasadena. She lives near San Gabriel St and Altadena. Do you know where that is?? I will look for you in your car the next time I am up there. Mine is the met green machine with chromed Canistos on it and tinted windows too. Mine is also a coupe.

With the rain we just had I forgot how nice it is to drive these cars when the streets are sopped. Mine has the wet weather package on it with the "W" button near the shifter. I dont like to use it. It makes the car launch in 3rd gear. Just be easy on the throttle and dont load the turb in this kind of weather. I also have traction control too so I am protected all around.

What kind of oil you running in your car??
If I was in your shoes. I would have the oil changed immediately then a day later have it changed again to get the crap out of your motor. So your sure everything is nice and clean in there. Its cheap insurance. Try and use a nice synthetic too.
Good luck!!!!!

hey cool, got a pic. maybe i know her hehe. check if she has a single 17/18 yr old sis or friend
hehehe

i know where that is about. its not too far. nice area.

as for the oil, i already changed it to regular 10w-30 from Castrol. changed the filter too, to a new stock volvo one. my dad had a spare and gave it to me. his volvo uses the same filter. i wanted to use a cleaner... but am afraid that after all the milage, all the tubing might be stretched out and used to all the extra dirt there. and if i clean it out, i might get a LOAD of leaks and what not all over the place. perhaps a more recent oil change in in store for the car. definitely changing the air filter too. is it hard for the c70?? i see the turbo connected tot he airbox and sumthing else (forgot)

[This message has been edited by GShyneDM (edited 05-21-2002).]

#17 ·
Re: (mike_c70)

quote:

quote:

I am seeing a girl up that lives in Pasadena. She lives near San Gabriel St and Altadena. Do you know where that is??
I was playing golf at Whittier Narrows this past Sunday. Did you see saw a blue coupe with an "ew" eggcrate grill driving by?
hahaha im just looking thru some old posts i made.. and i didnt mean "ew" i forgot the N http://********************/smile/emsmilep.gif hahaha i like the eggcarton... http://********************/smile/emsmile.gif http://********************/smile/emsmilep.gif

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.