SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Custom Front head light idea

2K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  C70SPEED 
#1 ·
the glass on the front headlights of the c70 is so ugly, i hate it how it has those ugly ridges on the glass. Anybody try to change this yet?.. I am sure it can be done. I am thinking of changing the headlight glass and getting a custom either eilliptical lights off a bmw installed in the housing of the c70 or audi projects. Both will run about $800.. anybody interested

#2 ·
Ah..CKCSaint...what brings you here.
I'm glad you are here, too....you've are now the 21st active C70 member on Swedespeed.

Yeah I was just talking to c70pusher(Phill) about that same topic just few mins ago. I mean if you can do it at a fairly good price and ABLE to get it made...count me in. I'm sure many other 70 series owners would be interested, too.

#8 ·
quote:

Originally posted by SinisterSaint:
I wonder if we change the glass, the headlight beam will get distorted. Meaning that the headlights will shine in peoples eyes, or not be as concetrated. Hrmmm

-Steve
No need to wonder, I think it will for sure. Unless you have something like what the original one has....b/c I don't think the reflector in the housing was meant to work with completely clear lenses.

#9 ·
quote:

Originally posted by SinisterSaint:
I wonder if we change the glass, the headlight beam will get distorted. Meaning that the headlights will shine in peoples eyes, or not be as concetrated. Hrmmm

-Steve
The lines on the glass are what directs and orients the beam. Getting rid of these without compensating somewhere is lie shining a 1000W spot light in your eyes...it will hurt. The best solution is to get projectors made. For those interested, I found this...http://www7.plala.or.jp/soaristo/
Q45 HID retro.

#11 ·
Well you know I just mentioned that yesturday in another post..I would love to have that done I accutally looked into it. Wondering if I could take a new s60 or s40 headlight and convert it to the C70 but found out that its not that easy and the only one that is close to the lights are the S70 and they dont have them..but if it can be count me in and wheehoo 21 peeps KAI

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.