SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

AIR Filter

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  dcbeltran 
#1 ·
wow.. thats easy to get to compared to my dad's old volvo
heheh

but all this dirt started falling off of the filter. grr. time to vacuum up the box. just wondering, what if my vacuum doesnt pick up all the little specks of dirt?? will it hurt my engine??

i am goin to switch to a K&N, there goes 60 bucks... hopefully my engine can breathe better with not only a cleaner filter, but a HIgh flow one
hehehe

did your air filter change do much???

See less See more
#2 ·
Nah, just get your hands dirty...get in there with some damp towel and clean it thoroughly. You should be fine then. it's always nice to keep that airbox clean.

I know some guy posted a link to cheap K&N drop-in filters...they are not that bad. Easy to clean...just remember to spray that oil on it afterward.

Some people say that they feel the car is more responsive from just changing to K&N. I think it will feel much better no matter what from just changing to a CLEAN/new one.

#3 ·
quote:

Originally posted by The_one_n_only:
Nah, just get your hands dirty...get in there with some damp towel and clean it thoroughly. You should be fine then. it's always nice to keep that airbox clean.

I know some guy posted a link to cheap K&N drop-in filters...they are not that bad. Easy to clean...just remember to spray that oil on it afterward.

Some people say that they feel the car is more responsive from just changing to K&N. I think it will feel much better no matter what from just changing to a CLEAN/new one.
well.. Kragen doesnt CARRY the airfilter for my c70
how sad.... now i have to special order!! putting my old filter back in. after i clean out the box and shake out the old air filter. is there anything else i need to do or shouldnt do?

#5 ·
quote:

Originally posted by C70 MATT:
If you wanna drop in K&N i suggest PERFORMANCEPRODUCTS.com they are great and didn't take long at all to ship. I love mine and suggest getting one. -MATT
i will check out that site.
thanks. BTW... did you feel any difference with the K&N over regular filters? or perhaps Hear anything different? :p

#6 ·
Hey, I recently got a K&N for my C70 from AJ USA (www.ajusa.com) -- it was a good price.

I think the car feels more responsive with K&N over the stock filter, but maybe it's all psychological. :)

I took the car tooling around in the Blue Ridge mountians this past weekend and it was a blast!

Greg
1999 C70 LPT convertible, K&N, Volvo strut brace, wind deflector

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.