SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

6th Most posts...

6K views 33 replies 11 participants last post by  GShyneDM 
#1 ·
As of today, the C70 section has the 6th most posts outta all the other sections.

See less See more
#3 ·
Yeah, I've really noticed how active the C70 forum has gotten recently. That's great. When we first split it from the 70 Series Old forum it was quite slow. Figure too, this forum has only been around about half as long as the other forums, so the fact that it is growing so quickly really says something.

#5 ·
quote:

Originally posted by George@Swedespeed:
so the fact that it is growing so quickly really says something.
Hehehe..it says we talk too much?

quote:

Originally posted by Beemer_eater:
Yeah it says what a cool car the C70 is!!!!!
LoL~! As long as you don't say something like: Yeah it says the C70 is the coolest Volvo out there.... we won't get flamed.

#12 ·
quote:

Originally posted by George@Swedespeed:
Did you guys hear that Irv Gordon joined your ranks. In addition to his P1800 he now has a new red C70 Coupe also.
What kinda red do you know? Now we just need to get him start posting on Swedespeed. Hey...maybe 20 years down the road he will again have the highest mileage car ever...on a C70.

Hopefully, mine will still be one of the quickest.

Now now....hopefully my nemeses won't flame me on that last comment.

#18 ·
quote:

Originally posted by Beemer_eater:
Originally posted by The_one_n_only:
Hehehe..it says we talk too much?

Well thats certainly a fact Kai. Oh well.

And yes the C70 might just be the COOLEST Volvo of all time. I said might.

WHAT??????????? Just because you COUPIES (sounds like...groupies, huh? HEHE!) and...CABBIES (yikes...taxi drivers?) talk too much about driving the "coolest" Volvos, that does not mean it is true!

WHat is cool Volvo? A "V"AGON! It's got way much more room, it can be AWD, it also comes in a manual, are as quick or quicker than the "coupie" (and definitely quicker than a "cabbie") and...looks cooler having a wagon beat another wannabe than in a "sleek" C70...HeeHeeHeeHee!!!

Yannis

#21 ·
quote:

Originally posted by cargusjo:
Guys and Gals,
Should we spill the beans and let him know we took a vote, decided to LET the Vagon's vin a few outa pity?

Carl

2000 C70 HPT coupe
95 850 T5 Wagon, roomy, fast <----- lol
Hehehe! By your own admission (see your sig) the Vagon IS FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAST...so it may not need charity! Teehee!

Yannis

#22 ·
So what you are trying to say is that the V70R AWD is faster than the C70. Hmm dont know about that has maybe more HP but it is also a heavier car. My mechanic just got one and he still says my car is alot faster maybe becasue its more aerodynamic.. and lighter..Muhahahahah

#23 ·
quote:

Originally posted by C70SPEED:
So what you are trying to say is that the V70R AWD is faster than the C70. Hmm dont know about that has maybe more HP but it is also a heavier car.
Thats my point. The Vagon has what 11 more hp and all that extra sheetmetal and other stuff too. I havent lined up against one yet, but I would love too. I saw a silver V70 yesterday with the Comet wheels that came on my C70 before I swapped them for chromed Canistos. It looked pretty cool for a Vagon.
I can only guess that the C70 has such a weight advantage and only down 11hp it has to be quicker. Simple math. It doesnt mean that the Vagon is any worse of a car.
He he he he he

#24 ·
quote:

Originally posted by C70SPEED:
So what you are trying to say is that the V70R AWD is faster than the C70. Hmm dont know about that has maybe more HP but it is also a heavier car. My mechanic just got one and he still says my car is alot faster maybe becasue its more aerodynamic.. and lighter..Muhahahahah
WHAT???????? Who brought the R in the picture? Even an R wagon has a curb weight of about 3400 lbs...the "couppie" is about 3200 lbs and the "cabbie" is more than 3400 lbs. That should be interesting...an auto C70 vs. an R. Of course, if it is a 2000 R then forget it...done deal! But let's compare apples to apples. A 2001/2002 V70 T5 has a curb weight of 3230 lbs vs. the almost similar curb weight of the "grouppie"...236 HP vs. 247??? And if we compare LPT models...190 HP vs. 197 (and torque for the C70 is at 199 vs. 210 of the Vagon!)? I would really love to see that!

But we are talking about the COOLEST!
Not the fastest or quicker because in that department you "couppies" and "cabbies" are equal, at best! We are talking MVP material here! Roominess, versatility, comfort, rear leg room...Heeeeeeeheeeeeeheeeeee!

Yannis

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.