SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

ATTN: Kai

1K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  Kai 
#1 ·
Do you have any pictures of where you mounted your ballasts for your HIDs?

#2 ·
Hmm..nope, not yet.

The two pictures in the Gallery section do not have it either. I'll take some picture of it soon.

The one on the driver side is mounted near where the original battery sits...which you will not be able to do the same.

The other one is at this tight squeeze btwn the ECU box and windshield fluid area on the side of the panel. Hmm..kinda hard to describe....a picture will say a thousand words.

#4 ·
No, it's not the HID kit I got wasn't from HID4LESS. I have posted about my kind under the New V70 section or somewhere else.
But not, those guys are too expensive. I got mine from this other source...you would probably have to search back the HISTORY.

It's a 5500K kit. Didn't want r1cer-blue lights on my car or make a bimmer or audi outta my car, so 5500K fits my taste better.

Slightly under $400.

quote:

Originally posted by fhdt5r:
Hey Kai,
I am thinking about getting the stage 1 from hids4less, is this the kit you got? If not, which kit, what output level, and what ballasts/bulbs? Also of course, how much did they cost?
[This message has been edited by The_one_n_only (edited 06-10-2002).]

#5 ·
quote:

Originally posted by The_one_n_only:
No, it's not the HID kit I got wasn't from HID4LESS. I have posted about my kind under the New V70 section or somewhere else.
But not, those guys are too expensive. I got mine from this other source...you would probably have to search back the HISTORY.

It's a 5500K kit. Didn't want r1cer-blue lights on my car or make a bimmer or audi outta my car, so 5500K fits my taste better.

Slightly under $400.

[This message has been edited by The_one_n_only (edited 06-10-2002).]
Hey Kai,

I just checked my HID box yesterday, and it actually said 5500K output, eventhough they advertised it as a 6000K kit. Go figure. As long as it's not ***** blue, just pure white, that's all I'm asking for.
BTW, please post pics of where you mounted the ballasts. I'm curious to see where you put yours since I'm getting custom brackets made.

[This message has been edited by mike_c70 (edited 06-10-2002).]

#8 ·
Good going~! Yeah..5500K has a very good white shine to it. I like it a lot more than those blue ones.

I'll post some pics soon. I didn't use any bracket for this, though....

quote:

Originally posted by mike_c70:
Hey Kai,
I just checked my HID box yesterday, and it actually said 5500K output, eventhough they advertised it as a 6000K kit. BTW, please post pics of where you mounted the ballasts. I'm curious to see where you put yours since I'm getting custom brackets made.

#7 ·
Again attention Kai!
Posted a few pics of the mini dyno meet of the Dutch 850 club.

Sorry, no C70

Most standard 850 reached their spec within a few HP.
Tuned ones ranged from 250 up to 292(V70R) HP with sports cat DP.
850T5, 18T, DP, no cat and short IC plumbing did 308 HP and ~284 lb-ft
850T5 with same setup but original 15G did 293 HP with almost the same torque.
standard 850T5 (225HP) with an original Volvo MS chip only did ~265 HP with 339 lb-ft of torque!!
My S60 had the ME7.x blues and only managed 277 HP with the new 19T but with 331 lb-ft of torque, not bad for a beta chip. Up to 4000 rpm it's 100% now but above that it needs some additional work.

Sorry, these are crank HP with measured losses between 12 and 15% for MT's and 19% for AT.

[This message has been edited by Johann (edited 06-10-2002).]

#9 ·
quote:

Originally posted by Johann:
Most standard 850 reached their spec within a few HP.
Tuned ones ranged from 250 up to 292(V70R) HP with sports cat DP.....
Very nice, these are all wheel HP? Wow, seems like I have a lot of catching up to do.
With all my goodies and that's all I got...hehehe..shame on me.

I wish we could do a dyno GTG like that here in the States.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.