SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Johann..you were saying... *& those who are curious*

2K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  cs40racing 
#1 ·
about this 850 doing sub 13s. I think I've found the site... http://www.atechmotor.com/bromspapper_850.html
And I did read through Autotech Motor's site. They do seem like they are some hardcore tuner. They actually have many awesome products for the Volvos...even for the S40s. Only if they can sell to other world markets...I think they can be the next big thing.

They know their stuff, but they just don't focus on marketing and 'packaging' themselves like some of the other names we are all very familiar here. Look Heico, they got great web site...but I don't see they have that many of good performance products for more hardcore Volvo enthusiasts. While these guys over in Sweden have their little shop doing some crazy stuff that none of us can ever imagine doing on their T5s.

ATM does have few items I'd like to speak to them about. Too bad they probably don't have anyone there that I can contact in English and bring in some of their stuff to the States and other world markets. Perhaps some more renowned Volvo aftermarket vendor can take the initiative and contact them.
Anyone? Scott?

I have no doubt these guys are making some fast T5s there. Not too sure about HP figure, should be crank HP figure, but still a good 350+ number. I'm sure these guys are pushing their FWD Volvos in 12s.

Johann, you were right..they do have very similar setups as my C70, and I would love to speak to these guys and find out more about their projects. Now, some of you might think whatever they offer is no big deal and you can do the same by having some more serious tuner to custom fabricate parts for your application.....but would you really want to go through the trial and error or just simply enjoy the fruits of the professional's hard work and R&D? I've been through this path, and it sure is no fun.

I'm glad I have found this link..and hopefully this will be some good potential for all the Volvo owners to take their cars' performance to the next level. Sounds like I'm preaching to you all, but I think it's very important for us to start tapping into the Swedish source. They should have a lot of tuners there that know these engines inside out.
That is all...

See less See more
#4 ·
Hey kai, thought for sure you knew about these guys. It's helpful because they just changed their website around to be more friendly and easy to navigate.
If you do call them, talk to peter, he speaks some english and will probably be your biggest help.

If/when i make the kai-style jump, they are the company i'll talk to for sure.

#6 ·
quote:

Originally posted by fhdt5r:
Hey kai, thought for sure you knew about these guys.
Nope, I'm just your regular ignorant mofo who didn't know better. No, how would I know them when I do not read VVSPY like you guys. I was going through Johann's message on ACL then I went in VVSPY to look for this particular sub 13s Volvo.

Nah...I don't know anything anymore.

#7 ·
quote:

Originally posted by mrmandmman:
If I could only understand the words!!
I looked at the pics though....it looks like they know there stuff...Anyone want to translate all that??

Pete
http://uk.altavista.com/pos/babelfish/trns

Some of the words are cognates and easy to kinda understand. But that above site works okay on translating stuff.

#8 ·
Kai,

Thanks for the link!
It's not the way I want to go at the moment but I got the quote's on Cunningham's and Carrillo's

6 Hours of sleep left and then off to RICA to retune the S60 with the 19T compressor!
Car will be on the rollers tomorrow or late in the evening for you.
There will be an 850 dyno day , Dynojet, on the 9th and I think there might be a place left for my car.

#9 ·
No problem man...hopefully some of us can benefit from this. I'd just order those rods..put them on order, you might need them sooner than you think.
J/K..no jinx intended.

Yeah..they are going to take awhile to get them made and shipped to you, you might probably just want to just start the clock on this.

I remember I also got the Carrillo's quote, wasn't too much more than either Cunningham or Crower. I know Crowers were the cheapest of all three.

Take some pictures of that dyno day man....maybe even do a write up on this. I'm sure we'd all like to know what's going on over the other side of the world.

Good luck on your tuning..keep us posted.

quote:

Originally posted by Johann:
Kai,

Thanks for the link!
It's not the way I want to go at the moment but I got the quote's on Cunningham's and Carrillo's

6 Hours of sleep left and then off to RICA to retune the S60 with the 19T compressor!
Car will be on the rollers tomorrow or late in the evening for you.
There will be an 850 dyno day , Dynojet, on the 9th and I think there might be a place left for my car.

#11 ·
I dunno, i think that you could probably have a sub-13 850 or C70 hehehehe as a daily driver. I think that kai is nice enough to leave his car for fun time, and has a daily driver, but i'm not sure.
Don't even try to get away with saying you don't know anything kai, we all know otherwise, i was just giving you a bad time because you are basically the volvo resource and have connections/friends everywhere.

Johann, good luck with the 19T, and i can't wait to hear how that upgrade goes man, best of luck, and may your rods never fail you.

#12 ·
quote:

Originally posted by fhdt5r:
I dunno, i think that you could probably have a sub-13 850 or C70 hehehehe as a daily driver.
Yeah, I do have a daily driver...the C70 is just too much of a hassle to look after for daily driving. After getting my wheel's center cap stolen, I just don't feel like driving that car to the office anymore.

Sub 13s FWD volvo is definitely still street friendly, not the most comfortable and hassle-free car to drive around for daily use, but not as bad as it sounds. If you are not stuck in traffic all the time, or don't have extremely annoying race clutch and silly lags from the bigger turbo and upgraded intake..or simply just don't mind about all that, it's not as bad as you think.

You still get traction, at least on my car I have good traction still. The thing is..you are not reving up your engine and racing you way down to the next light when you drive. You are not trying to launch your car like it's on drag strip or anything...so..12s FWD is still reasonably streetable.

No, David...I seriously didn't know about the company until Johann mentioned it. I'm that ignorant and living in my little fantasy of owning one fast Volvo. I'm the type of guy that will be upfront and share everything I know and have in my car with everyone. I just think it's kinda lame that some people out there just claim they have little secret mods and making their car flies and wouldn't share with others when you know they don't really have anything to brag about.

Just thought if I can share what I know with others I can get more feedbacks, suggestions, and learn from others. I'm not gonna act like (and hopefully haven't sounded like)a little optimist running and try to do this "oh, let's unite all the volvo enthusiasts" that you have seen some doing on some other sites. I'm just here to hang out.

Damn, that's a lot of ramblings for Monday. I think I'll stop keying here.

#14 ·
My shop is an exclusive authorized reseller of AutoTech Motor products.
Our site is www.texasautomotiveperformance.com

I haven't had time to drop in all of their stuff since i'm working on a few modifications to the site, but I can get you hooked up with whatever you want on ATM's site. We are currently working with AutoTech Motor developing a custom chip for 2001 Volvo S40 here in the U.S. I've got it in my S40 and so far so good, just trying to find time to put the thing on the dyno.

Carlos
2001 Volvo S40 BTCC

#17 ·
Hey carlos, good to hear that everything is going well with autotech, did you get my e-mail about that engine cover?

Also, is your shop in the position/ have the ability to do the internal work that autotech sells products for?

Just doing my research.

Kai~
I really appreciate your honesty and eagerness to share all your info with the community, i feel the same way (why i'll be posting dyno/1320 sheets comparing my upgrades). I think that while this group may not be as big as some others out there, there is plenty of room for this volvo performance idea to spawn into something great, and more "accepted". It's up to all of us to make our family and friends convert to the swedish side.

#16 ·
Well, I think I can manage high 13's now.

Car went to the tuner but the whole day was a disaster.
First there was a Lotus dyno day on Sunday.
The last car on the rollers, An Opel lotus Omega, ran the KW meter of of the scale and damaged it, no accurate reading after that.
My car did 160 KW at the wheels at an RPM range of 3 RPM... Bwahahaha.
The S60 was tuned using a simulator running the ECU through a laptop combined with OBD-II and some other mixture meters.
The rollers were used but don't ask how they did it.

After 15 minutes the turbo pressure was gone, suspected was a leak but after searching for an hour we only could conclude that the complete system was tight so it had to be something else.
After searching for other things we found a broken wire inside the inlet air temperature sensor! A real mystery how this thing could break.
After this things went very smooth.
Now the car runs great and the boost, which was lowered a little to stay below the IC limits, is there all the way over redline.
I estimate peak performance to be only a few HP higher but everything is VERY usable in every RPM range.
I think the car will be on the rollers at the 9th if there is a spot left because officialy it is an 850 only day.
I keep you guys updated.

[This message has been edited by Johann (edited 06-04-2002).]

#18 ·
Just realized that IC of Carlos is from the same Autotech that we are talking about here.

Never paid that close of attention when I was reading up the specs..cared more about the actually components themselves and not the name....

#19 ·
David,

I got your email, i'll find out today and email you back (sorry I got rid of my laptop so that email got wiped out)
Yes we have the ability to perform all installations of AutoTech Motor products, we can also tune your vehicle with a rolling chassis dyno (not on site) if you were to do a complete AutoTech system.

Carlos 2001 S40 BTCC

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.