SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Question on 0-60 and quarter mile?

3K views 19 replies 8 participants last post by  JHEIII850Turbo 
#1 ·
do you guys know the stock 0-60 and stock quarter mile on a 98 turbo C70..its the high pressure turbo that is..and also what the hell does the R stand for lol...my 98 came with an R next to the C70..

#2 ·
quote:

Originally posted by loeplaya18:
do you guys know the stock 0-60 and stock quarter mile on a 98 turbo C70..its the high pressure turbo that is..and also what the hell does the R stand for lol...my 98 came with an R next to the C70..
If I'm not mistaken, 0-60 is around 6-6.5 sec. It depends which magazine test you look at. As for the R, it adds at least 10HP
. Actually, it doesn't stand for anything, cosmetic.

#3 ·
quote:

Originally posted by loeplaya18:
the R is just a sticker. no meaning whatsoever.

as for your 0-60 times.. the magazines start 6.5 sometimes less. this is TRUE... BUT.. average drivers will only get at best 7.2 or higher. this is because these magazines have people testing them that have done the launches MILLIONS of times. they know what they are dooing. it goes to show that the driver behind the wheel DOES mean a lot at the track.

if you have a LPT (low pressure turbo) expect 8.2-8.6 secs

[This message has been edited by GShyneDM (edited 06-03-2002).]

#10 ·
quote:

Originally posted by The_one_n_only:
Nah...don't want people to say it's another R-wannabe; especially, the ones who know there's no C70R, it'd be kinda...........weird to have them ask me.
heheh yeah when people like us here know that there is no such thing
hehehe

i wonder if you can market your car and the mods.. and sell it as the Kai edition of the c70.
kinda like lingenfelter or calloway.

#13 ·
quote:

Originally posted by GShyneDM:
hahaha... with your car... if you put the R... it DOES mean sumthing
Hey, not to start another wagon vs. "couppies/cabbies" war here but only the V70s have the privilege of the "R" distinction (OK, a few S70s too)...hehehe!

Yannis

#18 ·
Actually, I see something more along the lines of wracking up another post

Just kidding, I mean... I just don't think I would ever spend money on modifying a wagon, PERSONALLY, of course I can see other people doing it because they need the space, and like the speed... more power to them! literally... cuz more power's needed

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.