SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Sparks

1K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  mrmandmman 
#1 ·
what do you use???

i heard that the volvo engines like the old copper tops over the platinum ones...

#5 ·
I tried them on my car (iridium) took them off cause they didnt perform well compared to the stock plugs. I kept getting check engine light. I really saw no difference in the performance with those plugs...In my Opionion I dont think they are worth the money.. I can sell you my set for 1/4 the price only gone like 300 miles..

#6 ·
i was thinking about gettin some Bosch Platinum +4's because they "guarantee" a better performance difference

but after reading sumthing...forgot where. i am not so sure.

they have platinum +2??! i thought only splitfire made 2 prongs.

so now what sparks should i get.. heheh time to visit kragen or pepboys

#7 ·
quote:

Originally posted by GShyneDM:

i was thinking about gettin some Bosch Platinum +4's because they "guarantee" a better performance difference

but after reading sumthing...forgot where. i am not so sure.

they have platinum +2??! i thought only splitfire made 2 prongs.

so now what sparks should i get.. heheh time to visit kragen or pepboys
I'd say stick with the OEMs.

#9 ·
I am using denso iridium plugs, and I think they perform a little better than the stock plugs in overall characteristics. The idle was smooth, and tiny increase in mpg. And the thing is that these replaced the stock plugs which had only been on for 3 months. (so its not just those increases because of new plugs)

Pete

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.