SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

coupe/convertible ratio

1K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  Kai 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

We counted about 24 C70 members right now. I was wondering...Does anyone here own a convertible? It seems like everyone here owns a coupe. Just wondering...

#2 ·
quote:

Originally posted by mike_c70:
Hey guys,

We counted about 24 C70 members right now. I was wondering...Does anyone here own a convertible? It seems like everyone here owns a coupe. Just wondering...
coupe
i think cuz most of us are guys... if not all. majority of the vert owners are female. they find it "cuter" :p (note word majority)

#4 ·
quote:

Originally posted by GShyneDM:
coupe
i think cuz most of us are guys... if not all. majority of the vert owners are female. they find it "cuter" :p (note word majority)
You damn right I do...... Just Kidding

I love my C70

Think GShyneDM might just have a point though; the ladies love cabrios and I love the fact that wherever I go, they give it a loads of attention....or its just my stunning good looks that attracts them.....Hmmm

#5 ·
Well, I will go on the record and say that I am a GUY and I own a C70 convertible.

I live in Atlanta and that allows me to drive with the top down quite often.

Way back when, I owned an Alfa Spider & I've been partial to ragtops ever since.

I've owned other Volvos too; I think the 70 series turbo engine is a blast to drive.

I really enjoy reading this forum; it's cool that we C70 drivers stick together.

Greg

'99 C70 LPT convertible

#7 ·
I know this wasn't really the question, but here are some production numbers for you folks:

C70 Coupe
96-97 129
97-98 6390
98-99 5714
99-00 7715
00-01 4447

C70 Vert
97-98 554
98-99 4440
99-00 7715
00-01 9306

You might be able to find the chassis number on your cars (somewhere near the left fender I think), to see where they fall under, in those years. According to the numbers, the 97' C70 is a rarity.

-Drew

#12 ·
People...so counted you already.

quote:

Originally posted by Wife's_C70:
Actually I may be counted twice... Long story short I'm "Wife's c70" And "Wife's_C70" due to lost password and change of email (which is used to recover lost password) had to re-register. Not sure if you're counting usernames or people you 'see' here...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.