SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Thanks

2K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  cargusjo 
#1 ·
Since my cover is blown I might as well take a bow and thank you all for appreciating my early work at Volvo. Much water has run under the bridge since then, I'm now manager of the Volvo In-Car Entertainment group, my latest achievement (together with about 100 other people) is the system design of the XC90 Infotainment system. Current work will be revealed to you all in a few years from now, keep your eyes open.

#2 ·
quote:

Originally posted by Audioguy:
Since my cover is blown I might as well take a bow and thank you all for appreciating my early work at Volvo. Much water has run under the bridge since then, I'm now manager of the Volvo In-Car Entertainment group, my latest achievement (together with about 100 other people) is the system design of the XC90 Infotainment system. Current work will be revealed to you all in a few years from now, keep your eyes open.
As I said in a previous post, thank you very much for all your hardwork on the C70 system. That was a big influence on why I bought the car.
I'm not quite familiar with the XC90 system. Do you work on navigation systems as well? I can't wait to see your new products! Welcome aboard!

#3 ·
quote:

Originally posted by mike_c70:
Do you work on navigation systems as well?
My group (In-Car Entertainment) belongs to the Infotainment section that is a part of the Electrical Engineering dept at Volvo Cars. In the Infotainment section there's another group called Telematics, they are responsible for Navigation, Telephone and Telematics systems. My group is responsible for Audio (amps, processors, speakers, mic), Head units, media players, and antenna tuner systems. We have a very intimate cooperation between the groups so we have a pretty good knowledge about navi anyway, we help them with all audio related issues in navi, such as voice guidance.

#4 ·
quote:

My group (In-Car Entertainment) belongs to the Infotainment section that is a part of the Electrical Engineering dept at Volvo Cars. In the Infotainment section there's another group called Telematics, they are responsible for Navigation, Telephone and Telematics systems. My group is responsible for Audio (amps, processors, speakers, mic), Head units, media players, and antenna tuner systems. We have a very intimate cooperation between the groups so we have a pretty good knowledge about navi anyway, we help them with all audio related issues in navi, such as voice guidance.
If you are capable please give the telematics guys a slam on the head.
The GSM system sucks big time....

Thanks!

#6 ·
Hans,

Thanks a lot for coming to Swedespeed and post all your valuable knowledge with us. I think I can say this for all of us the C70 guys and the other board members..Thank you for designing such an awesome system and took the time to come on here and provided us all the help we needed.

Just like Mike said, the sound system in the C70 was one of the main reasons I bought the car in the first place.

All I can say again is...thank you.

quote:

Since my cover is blown I might as well take a bow and thank you all for appreciating my early work at Volvo..

#7 ·
hey hey.. well i think its great to have someone with a lot of knowledge of the c70 system on board. it is a great help and many questions can be answered.

all c70 owners are glad to have their awesome sound system, and now we have someone to thank personally.

cant wait to see your current work
Take cares and do share whateever knowledge you do have to help us Volvo owners

#8 ·
quote:

Originally posted by c70pusher:
Audio guy,

I have seen the factory option where the center channel speaker can be fitted with a pop-up navigation screen. Is this an option on the C70? And which model radio can control the navi system (or do you need to buy a separate tuner)?
I was wondering about that as well since it's on Volvo's Europe (whichever one) website. I'm thinking of putting in an aftermarket display but I still want to keep my 3-CD indash player. Having the pop thing would be awesome. That way the screen won't get in the way of the AC vents.

#9 ·
Hans,

I just wanted to welcome you to Swedespeed as well. Your valuable knowledge will be much appreciated by everyone here for sure. I can't hardly believe you are here! This is amazing. WOW!

Great work on the Volvo sound systems, they are pretty much blowing the competition away in stock form. I can't wait to hear the Dolby Pro-Logic II sound system in the XC90. It must be totally awesome.

-Drew

#10 ·
And another huge thanks!! I also found the sound so appealing, it was a large factor in buying decision.

We exchanged emails a year or two ago regarding the suround sound CD Volvo gave to C70 press folks in Santa Barbera. The folks at Dynaudio had forwarded questions to you. I was most impressed you took time to reply, and the kind way in which you did.

For Swedespeed folks, the CD was infact only one of the two CD surround sound set from Delos called Surround Spectacular. A nice listen of mostly classical exerpts. Ever heard Pacabel (sp) cannon in surround...Wow!

Very pleased you visit this site, and again thanks for such an inspiring audio experience every time I drive!!!

Carl, Colorado

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.