SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

SEATS

1K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  GShyneDM 
#1 ·
Has anyone taken their automatic POS seats out and put in some manual or new seats? Or do any of you have any ideas with them? I am getting fed up with the ones i have now..

#3 ·
Haven't attempted changing it yet since I hardly let people ride in the rear seats.

It is possible to do some sort of aftermarket conversion if you can somehow custom the braket for it and also mount the seat belt elsewhere.

How often do you let people sit in the back seats to worry about this?

Hehe...i'm just too anal to let people get in and out of the rear seat as they might kick the seats or something.

#4 ·
I've got some recaro SP-A seats on order, they're carbon kevlar and weigh about 12 lbs each, SUPER comfy for race seats, the only thing is the C70 owners would have to get slider adapters so people could go in the back, but any reputable race shop should be able to fit some for around 250 bucks total.

Kai, you need FMIC and seats bro, your car is way too fast not to hehehe, jk.

#5 ·
quote:

Originally posted by fhdt5r:
I've got some recaro SP-A seats on order, they're carbon kevlar and weigh about 12 lbs each, SUPER comfy for race seats, the only thing is the C70 owners would have to get slider adapters so people could go in the back, but any reputable race shop should be able to fit some for around 250 bucks total.

Kai, you need FMIC and seats bro, your car is way too fast not to hehehe, jk.
Please post some pics when you're done.

#7 ·
the seats are:
1) Slower than your grandmother after 10 shots of Tequila
2) Engineered so well, if a centimeter long spring breaks the seat doesn't work anymore.
3) Did I mention slower than a MO-FO?
4) They break all the time, alllll the time.

Those are just some thoughts that come to mind. That's really the only thing that annoys me about the car.
1 MORE THING...
Has anyone tried getting a new wheel or anything, I have a used 98' and the wheel on the top of it is turning brown while the rest of it is white, just need somehelpful ideas. THanks- Matt

#10 ·
quote:

Originally posted by C70 MATT:
the seats are:
1) Slower than your grandmother after 10 shots of Tequila
2) Engineered so well, if a centimeter long spring breaks the seat doesn't work anymore.
3) Did I mention slower than a MO-FO?
4) They break all the time, alllll the time.

Those are just some thoughts that come to mind. That's really the only thing that annoys me about the car.
1 MORE THING...
Has anyone tried getting a new wheel or anything, I have a used 98' and the wheel on the top of it is turning brown while the rest of it is white, just need somehelpful ideas. THanks- Matt
I heard that they switched out the cable running to the handle to metal. Mine broke and the dealer told me that they were getting a lot of returns for that and Volvo decided to change the part to metal from plastic. I don't know if there was a recall for it.
As for the wheel, are you talking about the steering wheel? If so, mine did the same thing, I just put a steering wheel cover on mine. It actually feels a lot better for me.

#11 ·
quote:

Originally posted by mike_c70:

I heard that they switched out the cable running to the handle to metal. Mine broke and the dealer told me that they were getting a lot of returns for that and Volvo decided to change the part to metal from plastic. I don't know if there was a recall for it.
As for the wheel, are you talking about the steering wheel? If so, mine did the same thing, I just put a steering wheel cover on mine. It actually feels a lot better for me.
i havent taken my car to the dealer to get it fixed yet... i will check and see if they will do that. if its metal it might be better and longer lasting

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.