SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Audioguy

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Audioguy 
#1 ·
Hi Audioguy I am in a bad way.. I am desperatly wanting to put an mp3 player in my C70. The only problem is that I have to do alot of rewiring to get a head unit in there. I found that Alpine makes a 6 disc mp3 changer but I have to go through a fm modulator That is a disrespect for the sound system of the c70. What I want to know is does volvo or any one make the proper link to be plugged into the back of the sc901 so I dont have to go through the modulator. so i can use our headunits. You should look into this also for upcoming audios MP3 doesnt sound as good but its a feature that more and more people want.

#2 ·
quote:

Originally posted by C70SPEED:
Hi Audioguy I am in a bad way.. I am desperatly wanting to put an mp3 player in my C70. The only problem is that I have to do alot of rewiring to get a head unit in there. I found that Alpine makes a 6 disc mp3 changer but I have to go through a fm modulator That is a disrespect for the sound system of the c70. What I want to know is does volvo or any one make the proper link to be plugged into the back of the sc901 so I dont have to go through the modulator. so i can use our headunits. You should look into this also for upcoming audios MP3 doesnt sound as good but its a feature that more and more people want.
There is a CD-changer connector on the back of the SC-901 but it only works together with Volvos own CD changer (supplied by Alpine), not with Alpines aftermarket changers.

I saw that pj's850 has a pretty good idea how to inject an AUX signal (e.g. MP3 player) with the help of an add-on box that sits between the head unit and the amp. Appearantly he has managed to figure out the pinout of the 6-pin DIN connetor that Volvo uses between head unit and amp. You can check his car in the 800 series forum. The unit he uses is an Audiocontrol HPX.

Regarding MP3 players from factory we have no offer yet but we are working on it. Since MP3 is not a real standard, it constantly evolves, and there are many alternative formats like WMA and AAC we need to design a flexible player that allows the customer to choose format and upgrade their decoder each time an improved algorithm is available. We don't think anyone wants to buy a new media player each time a new format for compressed audio is released so we need to be flexible.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.