SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Soft Leather

912 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  dcbeltran 
#1 ·
Is anybody aware of any problems with the Soft Leather option on the C70?

I've come across quite a few newsgroup articles in which people have complained about it but nobody has actually said what the problem is.

Scott

#2 ·
quote:

Originally posted by SG:
Is anybody aware of any problems with the Soft Leather option on the C70?

I've come across quite a few newsgroup articles in which people have complained about it but nobody has actually said what the problem is.

Scott
We have had very few customers who have it on their C70s as I did make the mistake of ordering a few in MY1998 and a handful in MY1999 and never again. People have complained about it getting scratched very easily and also fading in high wear areas like the outward bolster. Feels nice but not worth the trouble, IMO.

Yannis

#4 ·
First I'v heard about the soft leather option as I bought my 98 C70 used. I have noticed that my leather is fading around the border area of the seat. I put leather conditioner on the seats every month but this are just seems to fade with wear. I have the light grey leather so it looks a little dirty in this area but it's just the fading taking place. Can something be done to get the color back?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.