SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Your Impressions please........

4K views 22 replies 10 participants last post by  HPTJoe 
#1 ·
Well, the trunk is FINALLY finished on our new installation.
So if any fellow C70 owners would like to give me their impressions of how it has turned out, we would certainly appreciate it!
http://www.theautophile.com/products/C70.html

#2 ·
Yeah...when you emailed me, I was going to reply you...but couldn't find a good word or few to describe the system you have done.....

That system is just sick!!!!! Man.....very clean installation, no silly looking odd shape "thingy" popping out here and there. Very discreet yet kick ass looking.

Gotta give it up to you. That is THE best looking install I've seen on a Volvo.

Looking at that...mine seriously can't come anywhere close to that. Good job~~!

#3 ·
Glad you like it! All of the panels are made from aluminum :^)

there are some more pictures up now that show the subwoofer installation etc .

the new dash should be finished in a couple of days. We are just waiting for the new trim panels to be finished.
We took all of the factory "faux wood" trim off and used the peices as molds for new trim made entirely of carbon fibre. They are turning out really nicely.
We had to do this because we relocated the climate controls in order to mount the 4 DIN chassis units indash, and we also flush mounted the center channel drivers, which we replaced with Brax speakers, after fabricating a sealed enclosure under the center speaker positions.......

#4 ·
Wow!!! Very well done so far, I can't wait to see the new front pannels. Will the C70 be on show at your store in the future? I live in Santa Rosa, and I would drive down to see that in person

I now know where I will turn next time I need stereo installs!

#6 ·
HOLY $HIT!!! That is freaking awesome!!! That's how I want my interior to look like! A couple of questions:
1. Why aliminum over fiberglass? The reason I'm asking is, wouldn't the aluminum be pretty heavy?
2. What sound-deadening material did you use (backseat pic)? From the looks of it, it's like some spray on stuff, like NoiseKiller. Also, what matting did you use for the backseat and doors?
3. Are those headrest monitors 7"?
4. How long was the car out of comission?

AWESOME!!! I'm still drooling. Please drop by SoCal shows so that I may drool some more in person.

#7 ·
quote:

Originally posted by Kaizai:
Wow!!! Very well done so far, I can't wait to see the new front pannels. Will the C70 be on show at your store in the future? I live in Santa Rosa, and I would drive down to see that in person

I now know where I will turn next time I need stereo installs!

Thanks! We are unfortunately no longer installing and the retail store closed since becoming the USA Distributor for Brax and HELIX.
Our closest authorized dealer to Santa Rosa is Paradyme up in Sacto. They also do beautiful work......

#8 ·
quote:

Originally posted by mike_c70:
HOLY $HIT!!! That is freaking awesome!!! That's how I want my interior to look like! A couple of questions:
1. Why aliminum over fiberglass? The reason I'm asking is, wouldn't the aluminum be pretty heavy?
2. What sound-deadening material did you use (backseat pic)? From the looks of it, it's like some spray on stuff, like NoiseKiller. Also, what matting did you use for the backseat and doors?
3. Are those headrest monitors 7"?
4. How long was the car out of comission?

AWESOME!!! I'm still drooling. Please drop by SoCal shows so that I may drool some more in person.
Thanks Mike! In answer to your questions:

1) Actually the only fibreglass in the trunk is the top trim piece. We had to use fibreglass for this in order to have one continuous, "flowing" piece without a bunch of seams. All the rest are entirely aluminum, covered in leather.
Using aluminum for all of that actually saved alot of weight, makes them extra rigid and strong, and allowed us to make everything, like the replacement of tail light bulbs completely servicable.

2) We used a combination of NoiseKiller and Scosche AccuMat all over the car.

3) The headrest monitors are 6 1/2" 16:9 widescreen. Unfortunately, Alpine doesn't make a 7" version except for the indash unit which we used up front......
I am also thinking of adding another, larger monitor to the underside of the trunk lid, for display at shows. If I can figure out how to make a promotional DVD :^)

4) a couple of months, but this was due to some supply issues with some of the products we used. The Brax speaker system is brand new and we kept having the release date pushed back on us after the car was already "gutted". so it should not have taken as long as it did.
Although hand forming all of those "sculpted" aluminum panels, and making the fibreglass subwoofer enclosures, was extremely time consuming.......

flush mounting the center channel and building its enclosure was also pretty intensive, but makes a HUGE improvement.........

I will be down in SoCal later this summer visiting some of our dealers there, so hopefully I can bring the car to some shows as well......

#20 ·
quote:

Originally posted by The_one_n_only:

I'm speechless...
Okay fine....I give up, no more audio upgrade for my C....
They should really crown you the best aftermarket system of all Volvos. Much more impressive than the one Alpine did on the wagon few yrs back.
Thanks Kai! But don't stop what you are doing! You are doing fine! We are just trying to show some of the many cool things that are possible! The C70 is a GREAT platform to build an audiophile grade audio system in!
There are already some changes in my head for after the WCES in January ;^)
but for now I am pretty happy with how it has turned out........

#21 ·
quote:

Originally posted by autofile:
Thanks Kai! But don't stop what you are doing! You are doing fine! We are just trying to show some of the many cool things that are possible! The C70 is a GREAT platform to build an audiophile grade audio system in!
There are already some changes in my head for after the WCES in January ;^)
but for now I am pretty happy with how it has turned out........

OMG!!!! I'm speechless! That is beautiful. I really dig the carbon fiber kit. How much would something like that cost? You should look into producing those. I'm pretty sure that there are a few people out there wanting one (I'm the 1st!). Awesome job!!! Keep it up! Are there any chances that you might bring the car to the LA autoshow (aftermarket department)?

#22 ·
quote:

Originally posted by autofile:
Ok. We finally have her finished! Have a look and let me know what you think of what we did. Please be patient though because there are a LOT of pictures! :^)
http://www.theautophile.com/products/C70.html

Sooo..... Your next show car will be MY 855R RIGHT?!

Very well done!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.