SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

headlight flicker

2K views 16 replies 5 participants last post by  mike_c70 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

I'm having this problem lately where the headlights flicker up and down rapidly when I'm driving along, (it's not a smooth road mind you). Anyways, is there something in the headlight housing I should check out like the adjustment mechanism or something? I'm guessing it's my shocks, since I'm at 107K and am still running on the originals. TIA.

#3 ·
quote:

Originally posted by mike_c70:
Hey guys,

I'm having this problem lately where the headlights flicker up and down rapidly when I'm driving along, (it's not a smooth road mind you). Anyways, is there something in the headlight housing I should check out like the adjustment mechanism or something? I'm guessing it's my shocks, since I'm at 107K and am still running on the originals. TIA.
i would think its a headlight problem that volvo has recalled. there is a connector or sumthing that is not fitted well or sumthing. not sure. i THINK this might be your problem.

#6 ·
#7 ·
quote:

Hey guys,

Do a visual inspection of the clip that holds the bulb in place 90 percent of the time that is the cause of the flicker. I had the same problem on a S40 and that was the problem.

#10 ·
quote:

HID install postponed once again
Argghhh...when are you ever going to get that installed?!
We got people left and right showing off their HID upgrades...need to post some pics of C70 with HID lights to show them what's up.

I just procrastinate like a pig..never go snap few shots of the E-code with the 5500K HID....man..are those lights blinding or what.

#12 ·
quote:

Originally posted by The_one_n_only:
Argghhh...when are you ever going to get that installed?!
We got people left and right showing off their HID upgrades...need to post some pics of C70 with HID lights to show them what's up.

I just procrastinate like a pig..never go snap few shots of the E-code with the 5500K HID....man..are those lights blinding or what.
I know!!! I've been saying this for months now. Hopefully, once they get it fixed Friday, I'll be able to hook it up during the weekend and snap some shots. Here's a preview of just the E-code: (bandwidth warning)

img src="http://www.geocities.com/mike_c70/HID/Ecode/P0000732.txt"

[This message has been edited by mike_c70 (edited 07-02-2002).]

#14 ·
quote:

I know!!! I've been saying this for months now. Hopefully, once they get it fixed Friday, I'll be able to hook it up during the weekend and snap some shots. Here's a preview of just the E-code: (bandwidth warning)

[/B]

[/QUOTE]

&$^%$!!!!! What the heck am I doing wrong?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.