SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Time For Something New & Improved!

1K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  Ash 
#1 ·
I am due to take delivery of a new C70 Cab in about a month or so and have been told by the dealer that it will be the new '03 model.

Apparently this has a number of differences from the current model including 'new' sporty headlights!!!

Has anyone seen one of these and if so, what are the other differences???

Any pic's available???

#6 ·
According to Volvo UK, the '03 model comes with a new grille, reworked 'sporty' headlights, new wheels and a new rear end.

I have managed to get hold of a price list and the spec seems pretty much the same, no additional goodies to add and thers no xenon option

Still cant find a picture, even Volvo couldn't help with that. Think I may just have to go for it and cross my fingers!!!

#7 ·
Is there a date on the price list?

I recently placed an order on the basis of the August 2001 price list (which is still offered for download as the 'latest' at the Volvocars UK site.

I still have a copy of the '98 brochure and I've noticed that a few of the pictures have been doctored slightly to reflect spec. changes.

For example the rear Volvo badge has been relocated to the centre of the boot lid.

Also the standard 17" wheels are now Comets rather then Canistos (which are now no-cost options).

I also saw a picture from the brochure in the Times yesterday (a silver C70 driving past palm trees) in which the predominantly chrome front grill had been replaced with a predominantly black one with just a chrome surround (a bit like the S60's).

Don't know about the headlights though.

Scott

[This message has been edited by SG (edited 07-01-2002).]

#8 ·
The price list I've got is dated 03/02 and I think is the most up to date although the new brochure isn't available yet!

You're right with the wheels, the T5 now comes with the 5 spoke Comet's instead of the Canisto's and I think the grill is now the 'egg box'

Will see if I can find a times paper and have a look at the picture. Would like to see the new rear end...

#9 ·
I'm having a bit of a job tracking down the new price list. Is it something that the dealer has produced or is it an official Volvo document?

I'm a bit concerned that my car might turn up missing a few things that were previously standard (although it might work out the other way around).

There's a brand new T5 coupe sitting in my local dealership. It's got the Comet wheels and the centre badge but the grill's the same as it always was. I also noticed that the front discs are smaller than they used to be. I only hope this is because the material has been improved.

Scott

#11 ·
Thanks,

I'll go and hassle my dealer first. They must have a copy somewhere.

I'd be grateful though if you could confirm the contents of the GT pack (coupe).

It was:

- SC901 CD stereo c/w Dolby Pro-logic.
- Information centre
- Heated front seats
- Leather steering wheel
- Cupholders
- Sunroof

Thanks

Scott

#12 ·
I just bought a 2002 c70 coupe. It came with all the trimmings as standard (as you mentioned like all leather everywhere, power front seats, sunroof, info center, heated seats, stc, rearview dimming mirror, ect.). The sc901 dolby pro-logic package was an extra $1200 (still a discount from $1800) and the upgraded 17.5" BBS wheels were only $400!!. The car had the 2001 sport package as standard for 2002 model year (egg-shaped black grill like the s60, but better in my opinion). The metallic silver color exterior has the aluminum metallic dash - sporty).

I love the car - I have gotten complements and long stares since I bought it. I was parked next to a BMW 325 (or was it a 330)ci coupe yesterday. The front of the bimmer was a bit sexier (c70 was a bit more macho),however, the c70's profile, rear and interior was sweeter.

quote:

Originally posted by SG:
Thanks,

I'll go and hassle my dealer first. They must have a copy somewhere.

I'd be grateful though if you could confirm the contents of the GT pack (coupe).

It was:

- SC901 CD stereo c/w Dolby Pro-logic.
- Information centre
- Heated front seats
- Leather steering wheel
- Cupholders
- Sunroof

Thanks

Scott

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.