SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Car Alarm...WEAK/broken

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  topless_tart 
#1 ·
ok.. recently i went to test how my alarm system works...

i SHOOK the car vigorously :p but NOTHING went off.

i tried wrecklessly to pull oen the door handle.. STILL no alarm or anything going off

is the volvo c70 alarm system designed to be like this???

also.. what about if i had left my windows open... is there an interior motion sensor??

thanks

See less See more
#2 ·
Pulling the door handle wont work because there are deadlocks on the doors, which operate separately to the standard locks.

Do you have a coupe or a cabriolet??? Either way, There should be motion sensors inside.

I know my cab has them. Usually, with the roof down, its OK in windy weather, but as soon as you reach inside, it goes off.

If you are trying to test the alarm, you could try jacking the car up (if you can get it high enough for the inclnation sensors) or, (not sure if the standard alarm is this sophisticated) but tap the windows with a coin, it should trigger the glass break sensors.

#3 ·
quote:

Originally posted by topless_tart:
Pulling the door handle wont work because there are deadlocks on the doors, which operate separately to the standard locks.

Do you have a coupe or a cabriolet??? Either way, There should be motion sensors inside.

I know my cab has them. Usually, with the roof down, its OK in windy weather, but as soon as you reach inside, it goes off.

If you are trying to test the alarm, you could try jacking the car up (if you can get it high enough for the inclnation sensors) or, (not sure if the standard alarm is this sophisticated) but tap the windows with a coin, it should trigger the glass break sensors.
i checked with the dealer.. they said the alarm system in my coupe has nothing like those things... the door is locked.. its locked.. :p no alarm or whatnot like new cars...

#5 ·
quote:

Originally posted by GShyneDM:

i checked with the dealer.. they said the alarm system in my coupe has nothing like those things... the door is locked.. its locked.. :p no alarm or whatnot like new cars...
I'd of thought the car would have had deadlocks, but I'm not sure of the spec offered in the US.

When I lock my car, if you wait for about another 30-40 seconds, theres an electric kind of buzz sound like the door locking again.

Then when I reach in and pull the handle, the door pin pops up into the 'open' position, but the door wont.

Obvoiusly, at this stage, the alarm is going nuts!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.