SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

bad starts

616 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  SG 
#1 ·
I've been having this problem intermitently with starting and was wondering if anyone has had this problem...

Randomly, my engine turns over.. putters a few times, and then dies... and this only happens when it has been sitting for about a day..

Starting a second time is fine, The rest of the time its perfect.. engine response is still great..

I'm guessing either clogged injectors or a fuel filter problem.. Although I have used a few injector/fuel system cleaner treatments to no avail.. Any thoughts?

Thanks guys...

#2 ·
Mine does exactly the same.

Normally I don't touch the accelerator when starting the car, but if it's been sitting for more than 24hrs then a short prod on the go pedal seems to help. I suspect it's just due to evaporation. If I remember correctly there's also something in the manual about leaving the ignition switch at position II for a second before starting to allow fuel pressure to build.

I've also experienced trouble starting the car after it's previously been run for very short periods (say less than 30s). I've read various reasons as to why this happens but it's a situation worth avoiding.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.