SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

wheel spacers?

928 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  biggerhurt38 
#1 ·
I want to stick with the stock rims for a while till I get the $ flow to look at some nice 18x9's or so. The stock chromies are nice but a little tucked away and the wheel base is a little narrower than ideal. I've seen these wheel spacers that bring the rims out 5-25mm in 5mm incriments. They seem very easy to place. What do you guys think? I think it will look nice cuz the stock rims are a little tucked away under there. It will probably feel much better as well. I got the ipd springs comin' in within the next couple days to supplement the spacers I wanna order.

#2 ·
I'm not sure what kind of handling differences will be felt, but by using spacers, you're drastically changing the wheel offset.

If nothing else, you'll end up with uneven tyre wear - although lowering the car will give you that too!

I'm sure you've already given it thought, but make sure you get some longer wheel bolts...

#3 ·
yeah, once everything is in I'll get it all aligned. using adobe photshop I messed around with what it might look like when it's done, I think it's gonna be pretty sweet. The c70's have a beefy back end and need a wider wheelbase to fill it out a little in my opinion. We'll see how it goes.

#4 ·
quote:

Originally posted by biggerhurt38:
yeah, once everything is in I'll get it all aligned. using adobe photshop I messed around with what it might look like when it's done, I think it's gonna be pretty sweet. The c70's have a beefy back end and need a wider wheelbase to fill it out a little in my opinion. We'll see how it goes.

If only the C70 was RWD.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.