SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

New Owner

877 views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  biggerhurt38 
#1 ·
Hey guys/gals, just wanted to say hi to everyone. I just picked up a 99 C70 coupe on thursday. I kind just bought it on a whim without really knowing too much bout Volvos. I'm impressed though, the seats are first rate, the dolby sound system is absolutely amazing, and the engine picks up well too. the only thing is that i don't know if it's HPT or LPT. But i'm gonna call Volvo on monday and see. From the acceleration, it seems like it's a car that has 236hp, and not the one in the 190's, but we'll see.
Just wondering, are there any common problems associated with our cars? I heard some model Volvos are notorious for having some poly-brushing type things breaking a lot, is it the same with the C70's?

#3 ·
Hey...welcome to Swedespeed, congrat on the car. Glad you can join the C70 owner's club.

Despite the problems others have, mine has been trouble free...even though it only has less than 16000 miles, but it's still a four year car. So...doesn't your owner's manual or any document tell you what you have purchased??

#6 ·
Hey everyone, thanks for the info. I love the car!! I called Volvo Customer Service, yes it is infact the HPT
Actually, the owners manual didn't tip me off any as to which model it was. From the sounds of it, looks as if this car shouldn't be too problematic (knock on wood). I don't notice much windnoise in the sunroof, but I do notice a rattle in the dash, so I'll have that looked at when I have time.

#7 ·
Yeah, just hit the 50k mark. The only thing that happened, luckily while under warranty, was a busted heater core. If you can't stand the sunroof rattle, turn up the stereo!jk, close the clothed panel, works for me. Amazed that you picked it up not knowing wiether it was lpt or hpt, you got lucky. Going to take my baby in this week for the 50k service, if I remember right, the sevice manual tells you what's to be done each time, I think it's similar to the 45k service which cost me a puny 70 bones. Good luck with your new gf, hehe, jk.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.