SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Where's the best info on the C70?

745 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Faraaz23 
#1 ·
I'm in the market for a new car and someone recommended the C70. What a great looking car! I want to learn all that I can, who has some good info? Are there other forums out there? Thanks in advance.

#3 ·
Well, I come from a Passat 1.8T that was lightly modified. I want to know the tuning capabilties of this car. I'll probably be looking at a 98 or 99, what were the problems/recalls on these years? What are the major service times? I mean, if I'm looking at one with 45K miles on it, am I going to have to shell out a grand when it hits 50K for service? Where the heck can I find one of these around St. Louis? There are a couple, but I want a manual. Are these cars reliable? They have good stock power, but they are heavy, does it drive like a big car? I'm not a balls out willing to spend $20K on mods kind of driver, but I'm also not just some guy looking to buy something with 4 wheels. Does that help?

#4 ·
Hey there, I'm also in the STL area, I'm a student at SLU. I had to go to chicago to buy my 99 C70 last week, a friend got it from the dealer auction there. These cars are kinda hard to come by vs. somethin like an 850 or S70. If you're willing to get one from Chicago, tell me and i can put you in contact with someone who can get cars for a VERY reasonable price, and he may be able to find u a manual C70. If you want to know about recalls, you could go ahead and call Volvo Customer Service, it's a 1800 number listen on volvo's website. I just called them today and asked about any outstanding recalls on my car, and they are extremely helpful and keep excellent records about these cars. I'm not too sure how much services cost, I've only had one done (as I've only had the car for 6 days), it was the 37,500 mile, and it costed only $80. Now I find that rather cheap compared to a similar service on my parents Lexuses or my brothers $60 dealer oil change (yes, just for an oil change) for his BMW.
About tuning, from where I've been looking around and from what I've heard from other people, you should try IPD Performance (ipdusa.com), there website was down for a few days, i'm not sure if it's back up or not. If u get an HPT, u can get a chip ($699) from there that they claim raises HP to 285, and an exhaust($6-700) they claim adds 10hp. Anyone here have any experience with these products? I'm sure you can also get an upgraded intercooler from somewhere as well as maybe a turbo downpipe. There are also various suspension setups available, but I've heard if you slam ur car the ride is rather harsh. Hope that helped you any.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.