SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

UNwanted C70 Attention :(

1K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  yacoub 
#1 ·
ok.. heres what happened...

i had parked in a "not so RICH" area, cuz i had to go run an errand there. as i am walking back to my car (alone) which is parked next to a tree... i see a few gangsters hanging around my car.. one walking around it, analyzing the whole thing and looking inside. behind my car is THEIR ratty old "barf" colored saturn that is like 2mm from hitting my painted bumper.

i was scared for my life/car... cuz my ride obviously caught their attention.. and they had ridiculously parked close right behind it. also... they had either knives or sumthing.. cuz they were carving sumthing into the tree i had parked next to. probably their gang insignia or sumthin.

what i decided to do is casually walk by without causeing any trouble.. and pass my car as if it werent mine. Then i waited in a safer place while still being able to see my car and next to a phone if i needed to call the cops, untill they left. After they were pretty far gone, i went over to my car..and drove out of the neighborhood as fast as i could (not exceeding the speedlimit).

YIKES... scary.. Thank God they left.. but seriously if it took much longer.. i dunno what i would do. i mean.. i KNOW i wouldnt be able to take them alone.. and since their car was right behind mine..if i made a run for it.. they could follow at unhealthy speeds

what would you do.. or have done in this sort of situation?

that was scary...i was worried they might attack me.. and when i was waiting for them to leave..i was wondering if they would slash my car or try to break into it.

See less See more
#3 ·
It sounded as if they were checking out to see if they had accidentally hit your car..while they were at it, they just couldn't help not to admire such a nice looking car.

Yeah...I'd do the same, avoid unnecessary confrontation...after all, they might just do something intentionally do something to you if you rub them the worng way. Heheh..that's almost the way I'm now when dealing with some shops...don't want to **** them off too badly since my car is in their possession.

#5 ·
quote:

Originally posted by George@Swedespeed:
The only thing I'd have done is if they moved to touch the car at all, hit the panic button on your keyfob to trigger the alarm.
That's exactly what my friend did the other time when he parked his car on the road to watch this autox race. The thing is....you can only do that when you have enough crowd around the area so you can be sure they won't do anything to the car. I've seen thuggish kids got irritated when alarm went off on them and kicked the car. So...yup, you never know.

There are just those who have no respect for others' property.

#6 ·
I don't know how I would've handled the situation, but you handled it well. I don't know about hitting the panic button, that might **** them off and mess up the car. People these days don't have any respect about other people's property so why instigate it?

Which part of town was this?

#11 ·
quote:

Originally posted by GShyneDM:
what would you do.. or have done in this sort of situation?
Honestly I think I would have gone over to my car, said hello, talked to them while acting "cool" and getting into my car and then leave and once I was out of site, started driving as fast as possible. The saturn would have no chance. Of course, I would have had my Glock 10mm that I will always carry when I am 21.

#12 ·
A simulary situation happened to be when I first got the car. I didnt really realize that the car got peoples attention. I parked the car in a not so good area, and when coming back to the car I saw like 4 guys walking around the car. One of them then just leaned up against the car. well there was 4 and I am 1 so i walked up to the car unlocked the car and the one guy still leaned up against the car. I looked over at him and said excuse me. and he just kept leaning up against the car.. Well as I opened the car I was bending down so I held my weapon tightly he got a glimps of it and moved off the car. I turned the car on and just drove away. They only thing Ihave learned from that is I dont park the car in bad places. If i have to go to that area I dont park the car unless I can see it at all times and is safe. The only advice is try and keep it in public areas...

#14 ·
just browsing through the c70 forum, i own an 850r that is pretty eye-catching. los angeles must be a rough place, we don't have "gangs" in the souteast, save south fla. that sort of thing always happens on the road to me, punk a** kids trying to flex on me with their grand ams.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.