SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

NEW C70 CONVERTIBLE

1K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  GrecianVolvo 
#1 ·
#4 ·
quote:

Originally posted by mike_c70:
What's the difference? Looks the same.
The XC grille, and the wheels. Definitely dig the wheels, probably will look better on a smaller size looking car, though. The headlight lenses look almost e-code like.

The red looks a bit brighter than the older ones, or maybe just the photo.

#7 ·
quote:

Originally posted by The_one_n_only:
The XC grille, and the wheels. Definitely dig the wheels, probably will look better on a smaller size looking car, though.
The wheels are not new. These are the standard 16" wheels for MY2002 in both the Coupe and Cabriolet. They are called "ZEUS".

Yannis

#8 ·
quote:

Originally posted by BenES:
Rear lights are clear like on the S/V40 phase II and also clear frontlights and turnsignals, also chrome circel around front foglights. And XC grill.

The 3 th breaklight is white now.

And a little more power. :)
It still has the orange reflector on the turn signal. Also, didn't the XC grille come one the C70 already. I mean not from the beginning, but at some point they switched to the XC grill.

I guess I have to see the car in person to see those minor differences.

#9 ·
Clear taillights (like S/V40 phase 2?),
Clear white 3th breaklight,
Clear headlights and turnsignals,
chrome cirkel around front foglights, sportgrill (XC grill?)
New wheels (depends on market)
Cratos 7x17" / zeus 7x17 or 7" x 16"
Ceres 7x16"
2.0 t 163 hp / 2.4T 200hp / T5 245hp

#10 ·

Yeah...I do like the metal ring thingy around the fog light. A very nice subtle touch.

OLDER tail light style

NEW ones

Yeah I guess I would need to see the car in person to see how different they look in person. Dang it....they came out with new head light lenses now?! Hmmm...If it is really that different and worth it for me to....

Anyone know if this is the 2003 MY we are talking about here? Is it out yet? Yannis?

#13 ·
man thats awesome..

the rear light change is very subtle.. but looks good.

i like the new front lamps... is there a way we can order them and have them installed on our older c70s??

plus would they be closer to HIDs? i still havent gotten the courage to spend big $$$ on a HID set :p

#16 ·
quote:

Originally posted by The_one_n_only:

Yeah...I do like the metal ring thingy around the fog light. A very nice subtle touch.

Anyone know if this is the 2003 MY we are talking about here? Is it out yet? Yannis?
Yes, this is the front of a 2003 C70 Cabriolet. Do not expect any major changes for the last year of this very handsome but way overpriced car.

2003 models are not out, yet. They are, currently, loaded on vessels on their way here. Expect them to hit the showrooms early to mid-October.

Yannis

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.