View Full Version : Great S90 Review

Magnolia3237
09-04-2016, 10:56 AM
https://youtu.be/IxPthtYCLBc Hands down, the most articulate, organized and informative S90 video review I have seen, either on YouTube or any where else for that matter. Love the facts and cost comparisons. As a long-time Mercedes owner, who bought a S90 on a snap decision after cross-shopping the E300, BMW 535 and Audi A6 - I feel good about my choice.

VolvoTT
09-04-2016, 11:36 AM
https://youtu.be/IxPthtYCLBc Hands down, the most articulate, organized and informative S90 video review I have seen, either on YouTube or any where else for that matter. Love the facts and cost comparisons. As a long-time Mercedes owner, who bought a S90 on a snap decision after cross-shopping the E300, BMW 535 and Audi A6 - I feel good about my choice.

I'm glad this review persuaded you into getting a S90, but we already have ongoing thread for this called Consolidated S90/V90/V90CC Review Thread.

Magnolia3237
09-04-2016, 12:14 PM
I'm glad this review persuaded you into getting a S90, but we already have ongoing thread for this called Consolidated S90/V90/V90CC Review Thread.
Sorry, was just trying to be helpful. Feel free to delete it.

And, this review didn't spur my order; it validated it. I had placed my order six (6) plus weeks ago.

VolvoTT
09-04-2016, 01:09 PM
I can't delete it, but you can ask one of the moderators like GrecianVolvo to delete it.

USER12JAN17
09-04-2016, 05:50 PM
Thank you. An intelligent review. At least for me the E vs. 90 decision is a tough one. I guess Alex couldn't mention that one of the advantages of having a Volvo is avoiding the gonifs who run the MB service departments.

Magnolia3237
09-05-2016, 10:22 AM
Thank you. An intelligent review. At least for me the E vs. 90 decision is a tough one. I guess Alex couldn't mention that one of the advantages of having a Volvo is avoiding the gonifs who run the MB service departments.
For me, here in Seattle, the service aspect of owning a Mercedes has been fine; the dealer I go to have a well-run service org.
Where MB dropped the ball was in sales. I was trying to order a E300 for European Delivery and my dealer only had one person that knew how to process it - and he had been out for extended personal leave. Went to two other dealers and they were clueless about the process - which was very surprising. The 4th dealer that did understand the process, was just very uninterested in doing the deal - not sure why. Anyway, in the time that they were dragging their feet - I saw a YouTube video comparing the E300 to the S90. Twenty-four hours later - I placed the order.

So poor sales org by MB, coupled with a good offering from Volvo - nets me an S90.

VolvoTT
09-05-2016, 01:56 PM
That's awesome you were able to order the S90 due to the other dealers that were clueless about the European delivery. Are you also doing a European delivery for the S90?

USER12JAN17
09-05-2016, 07:32 PM
For me, here in Seattle, the service aspect of owning a Mercedes has been fine; the dealer I go to have a well-run service org.
Where MB dropped the ball was in sales. I was trying to order a E300 for European Delivery and my dealer only had one person that knew how to process it - and he had been out for extended personal leave. Went to two other dealers and they were clueless about the process - which was very surprising. The 4th dealer that did understand the process, was just very uninterested in doing the deal - not sure why. Anyway, in the time that they were dragging their feet - I saw a YouTube video comparing the E300 to the S90. Twenty-four hours later - I placed the order.

So poor sales org by MB, coupled with a good offering from Volvo - nets me an S90.

I understand completely. MB sales people are used to dealing with slugs who have more money than brains. I have found it really hard to find a MB sales rep who was more than an order taker.

Magnolia3237
09-05-2016, 11:26 PM
That's awesome you were able to order the S90 due to the other dealers that were clueless about the European delivery. Are you also doing a European delivery for the S90?
Yup, OSD with my trip scheduled for Thanksgiving. Lets see if I find any turkey in Gothenburg. Perhaps turkey meatballs.

volvobuff
09-07-2016, 07:07 AM
Yup, OSD with my trip scheduled for Thanksgiving. Lets see if I find any turkey in Gothenburg. Perhaps turkey meatballs.

If the delivery center outsources its meatballs from Familjen Dafgard, the same Swedish firm that supplies IKEA, you may get served meatballs laced with horsemeat. See http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2013-03-21/business/chi-ikea-meatballs-return-after-horsemeat-scare-20130321_1_complex-food-industry-horsemeat-familjen-dafgard. IKEA maintained that these tainted meatballs were never sold in their US stores, but my palette told me otherwise. IAE, the problem seems to have been rectified, at least over here.

Magnolia3237
09-08-2016, 04:22 AM
If the delivery center outsources its meatballs from Familjen Dafgard, the same Swedish firm that supplies IKEA, you may get served meatballs laced with horsemeat. See http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2013-03-21/business/chi-ikea-meatballs-return-after-horsemeat-scare-20130321_1_complex-food-industry-horsemeat-familjen-dafgard. IKEA maintained that these tainted meatballs were never sold in their US stores, but my palette told me otherwise. IAE, the problem seems to have been rectified, at least over here.

I typically don't eat at department/furniture stores like IKEA, so not really worried.

stupid_nut
09-08-2016, 10:23 AM
I love the reviews Alex does! Not car shopping at the moment but watch them anyways. Very informative and entertaining as well.

Gorban
09-08-2016, 10:25 AM

When in Gothenburg you should try out one of the excellent fish and seafood restaurants. I suggest Sjömagasinet:

http://www.sjomagasinet.se/en.aspx