View Full Version : No V90 R Design Coming

SKY-KING
10-19-2016, 08:44 PM
Message deleted

USER12JAN17
10-19-2016, 09:47 PM
I've only been around here since '04, but I have owned Volvos since '86. I have never see VCNA "blink".

JRL
10-19-2016, 10:26 PM
What does VCNA have to do with what he (possibly wrongly) said?
VCNA does not dictate what Volvo makes

USER12JAN17
10-19-2016, 11:10 PM
JRL you must know the adage that if you owe the bank $1,000 the bank owns you, if you owe the bank $1,000,000 you own the bank. VCNA as VCC's largest customer can tell VCC what is to be sold in the NA market. I persist in my long held belief that VCNA just isn't very good at doing its job.

GrecianVolvo
10-20-2016, 12:00 AM
Now that the V90 CC has been released for OSD, the V90 information should follow shortly. I asked William at University Volvo about the V90 R Design availability and he responded Volvo will not be offering a V90 R Design in the future.

First of all, there is no William working at University Volvo.

Second, no one at the retailer level knows what is coming or not coming other than there will be replacements for the current models w/ the SPA/CMA platform models.

Gorban
10-20-2016, 12:16 AM
What does VCNA have to do with what he (possibly wrongly) said?
VCNA does not dictate what Volvo makes

But Volvo makes the V90 R-design for other markets.

SKY-KING
10-20-2016, 01:27 AM
I replied to this statement: "I submit feedback with this frustration on volvocars.com/us, volvocars.com and emailed William at flyvolvo.com. He replied he will forward to VCNA. Let them know we customers can't place order with such restriction." and asked if William knew when the V90 R Design would be announced, His reply was there is no V90 R coming.
I did error as I thought William was from University Volvo. He is from flyvolvo.com. Sorry.

But, Yannis, if you do know a V90 R will be available in the United States, please advise us.

Sent from my SD4930UR using Tapatalk

First of all, there is no William working at University Volvo.

Second, no one at the retailer level knows what is coming or not coming other than there will be replacements for the current models w/ the SPA/CMA platform models.

matt1122
10-20-2016, 10:56 AM
Edit: I realize that anyone at any car dealership who says anything about future products other than "we're not entirely sure" is at least slightly embellishing and that this may be a complete fabrication, but I have to ask...

no one at the retailer level knows what is coming or not coming other than there will be replacements for the current models w/ the SPA/CMA platform models.

So you're saying there is still a chance that the R-Design S90 and V90 will make it to the US? Is it a "no plans at the moment" or "just a matter of time" kind of thing?

goVolvo
10-20-2016, 12:48 PM
If R-Design color, Bursting Blue and Passion Red, are available on Inscription and/or Momentum, and R-Design body kit is available separately as accessories, I don't mind let go the R-Design trim.

SKY-KING
10-20-2016, 07:27 PM
Today, I was at my local dealer having the oil and filter changed on my V60 RD and discussed this with the salesman, the GM and sales manager were not in. The salesman said they just had a zone rep in last week to discuss the S90 and V90CC. He said the V90 would be shipping in about nine to twelve months and there are plans to bring the V90 R Design here after the initial distribution of V90s. He expected about a year from now. He said the V90CC is coming first because of the U.S. interest and higher than Europe sales of "cross-country and sport utility type vehicles".

matt1122
10-21-2016, 10:09 AM
He said the V90 would be shipping in about nine to twelve months and there are plans to bring the V90 R Design here after the initial distribution of V90s. He expected about a year from now. He said the V90CC is coming first because of the U.S. interest and higher than Europe sales of "cross-country and sport utility type vehicles".

This is what I was expecting, as they did say that every product will be a global product and I did presume that to mean the R-Designs, not just the regular models.

whitev70r
10-21-2016, 12:11 PM
V90R = V90 Polestar?

GrecianVolvo
10-21-2016, 09:03 PM
This is what I was expecting, as they did say that every product will be a global product and I did presume that to mean the R-Designs, not just the regular models.
Correct. Just don't pay attention to..."white noise"...

DCPattie
10-23-2016, 08:00 AM
Its a shame that you can order the XC90 with R-design but not the S/V90. R-design is the only way to get steering mounted shifters. Major disappointment!

GrecianVolvo
10-23-2016, 08:31 PM
Its a shame that you can order the XC90 with R-design but not the S/V90. R-design is the only way to get steering mounted shifters. Major disappointment!

Were you able to order the XC90 in R-design when it was launched?

Roadster
10-26-2016, 06:48 AM
V90 Rdesign will come to the US, but it is delayed (V90) until later in 2017. Due to production constraints, EU is prioritized for wagons, US for sedans.