SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

damn light switch

819 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  GShyneDM 
#1 ·
Got a new glitch that just turned dangerous. The light switch that controls whether you are running with no lights, parking lights, and normal night driving lights is messed up. When I go all the way clockwise to normal night driving settings, the headlights will go on but the tails will go out (only when I hit the brakes do they light up) and the internal lights will shutoff (instrument panal etc.). For a couple days I've found a spot I could get it to stick half way between the parking lights and night driving lights and it would work just fine. Well tonight that wasn't even working, so I found that if I just put pressure on the knob, all the lights would be on like normal, needless to say a half hour of that got annoying with one hand on the wheel and one hand on the knob. If I let go, the instrument panal lights and tails shut off and I'm left with only headlights and brake lights, but only when I brake. Just wondering if there's a simple remedy I could try, or if anybody has had this electrical problem. Any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks.

#4 ·
Re: damn light switch (biggerhurt38)

quote:

seems to be the second of the two problems, the fuses associated with the instrument panel are good, it's gotta be a loose connection just behind the switch, I'm debating whether or not to go in there myself and try fixing it.
it might be pretty difficult to get in there. if you can, im sure its just a little swtich problem. thats what it sounds like to me. your lights are working fine, but that know must have a loose wire/connection problem.

Good LUck

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.