SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

sticky steering wheel / no buzzer on lights

761 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  dcbeltran 
#1 ·
Hi got my C70 monday of this week and its spot on, apart from two things, the car has covered 36000m and the steering wheel has started to wear and has become very sticky is this normal and is there anything that I can do. Also is there a switch that turns on a buzzer when you open the door to leave the car to warn you that the lights are on.

also whats involved in the 36000m service is it a big one / costly

Cheers

John http://********************/smile/emexclaim.gif

See less See more
#2 ·
Re: sticky steering wheel / no buzzer on lights (jfoste32)

Between 400-500 bucks. I called 2 dealerships in my area and one cost 399+tax and the other was 479+tax. The main thing being done is changing of the spark plugs and replacing the Dist. cap and rotor. They will change the air filter, pollen filter, oil change, tighten suspension, replace brake fluid and bleed brake lines. I decided to do most things myself. Not hard to do most of these service replacements. Most expensive part was pollen and air filter. I think my total was around 150.00 to do it myself and a couple of hours of time well spent.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.