SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

C70 Pushing 500hp

5K views 24 replies 12 participants last post by  C70SPEED 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Re: C70 Pushing 500hp (C70SPEED)

quote:

Have you guys seen this post yet on volvotuning..Please tell me if this guy is lieing or telling the truth....

http://forums.volvotuning.com/viewtopic.php?t=269
How about that there are a bunch of big mouth LOSERS there, feeding the unsuspecting lots of BULL$#!T...

Yannis

#5 ·
Re: C70 Pushing 500hp (towerymt)

quote:

This place has a couple of fast, high power white block 850s:
Yup, but I'm pretty sure this nashville guy doesn't know anyone that has one in the States. Since he has been asking Carlos for advice about doing his 'project' , Carlos probably told him a little about my car and that he just filled in the 'blanks.' Not too sure.

Oh wellz....that site has been going down. Just not as many post as it was originally expected. I guess they just didn't have better control on flame wars back then. And we never know, maybe he will finally learn and grow up and even finish his project. Let's just leave him alone. Feel bad for that site, too...always get those kinda people bothering them.

#7 ·
Re: C70 Pushing 500hp (mike_c70)

In some sort of way it makes sence.
Why do we have to go through all this trouble to make some serious HP?
Those japanese cars get big numbers with the first mod they make and they use 4 bangers.
Look at the Skyline's how much more HP they make when the boost is upped only 3psi......
I'm very glad that I have some very fast 277 HP at the engine http://********************/smile/emwink.gif

#10 ·
Re: C70 Pushing 500hp (Rob@vms)

The "kid" you are talking about would be me. Kai had a nice c70, but i went my own way. Funny to find a old post about people talking trash about ya, so i figured i would just remind some of you that this "Kid" is for real.

Modified by Rob@vms at 12:21 AM 11-1-2004

#11 ·

Well, you didn't have to bring it up like this b/c now you ask the guy to see if he still wants to laugh at you.....don't know, could be tough. He might very well moved on with his life and already owned some other cars much more capable than C70. A bit pointless for you to come out and ask about this now, wouldn't you think?
It's been more than 2 years already, you may have something great in the work, but still need to get that engine dropped in and tuned (and get the car on the road or track in your case) before you could say you are "there".
I think it was not that unfair for us to bust jokes on you couple years ago. C'mon, Rob you gotta admit you grew quite a lot from that Nashville boy who just bought a Volvo and thought he could gain 15 WHP from relocating the horns. The overzealous old Rob did have few rather interesting concepts on HP gains back then.

But at this point, we can probably all admit that Rob is on his way to achieve his achieve his ultimate goals, finally pushing all the power he could on his C70 and make some good $$$ with this Volvo tuning business. For anyone to treat you as a kid now is preposterous, they may or may not agree with what you are doing with your C70, but they would still have to recognize what you have achieved.
You have come a long way, keep it up the good work. http://********************/smile/emthup.gif You are no longer a kid, you are one of the big boys in the game now.

#12 ·
BTW, I had an "OK" C70. I wouldn't call it nice compares to what's out there now in the market. The car was a lot of fun, but also not the most fun car to drive and maitain. All that power in FWD setup on that car was just simply lame, can't really floor it through those turns and not have the fear going understeering and heading right to the wall. The car would only shine in rolling start straight line acceleration and nothing else.

#13 ·
Re: C70 Pushing 500hp (Kai)

Kai i agree with you, everyone starts out somewhere and i cant say i knew it all back them and i have come a long way but i just like seeing some of the old posts. Hopefully in the next few days the car will be running and we will start tuning on it and seeing what is gona work and wont. As far as you C i think it was more than ok just maybe not what you wanted. I think if u really wanted to make it REALLY FAST you could have kept at it but everyone does there own thing. No hard feelings from past posts.

#15 ·

Rob - Does that even all fit in the engine bay?
Nice work! As Kai said, you've come a long long way from back then I congratulate you with the success you are having with your Volvo business. Looking forward to see that engine crank out some numbers! http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

#17 ·
Re: C70 Pushing 500hp (mike_c70)

It all fits believe it or not not
The motor and tranny are sitting under the hood now. Over the next couple days everything will be in place and we will be able to start the car up. Im thinking of doing a little clip of the first crank of the car

Some things i am interested in seeing is how the new intake manifold works out as well the first ecu map. Upsolute is taking care of the tuning for me and has a good base map made. Its hard to say how close fuel will be since 550cc injectors are being used and really no one has tried tuning me7 to this magnitude. So its all fun and a learning experiance. I hope to make everyone proud

Modified by Rob@vms at 2:00 PM 11-1-2004

#18 ·
Good luck with it Rob...you've definately come a long way to say the least!

Speaking of 500HP volvos, that Overladded guy in sweden looks like he's going to be Rob's main competition..that man has got his 850 going like a rocket ship

#19 ·

Quote, originally posted by Rob@vms »
Still want to laugh????

Aww rob, you look like you have a few sore feelings... but look at what all the "laughs" got you. It fueled you to prove Many volvo owners/modders wrong. Heck maybe if no one laughed, you may have just given up...

its amazing what spite can accomplish sometimes...(lamborghini *ahem ahem*)

Big http://********************/smile/emthup.gif Cant wait to see the monster you're brewing

#22 ·

Kai, i wanted to show you how the manifold in its stock form was vs where we modified it some and figured out how to make it work for now.

First pic is of the manifold and turbo on without modifications.

Now the 2nd pic, we used another T3 flange to make a riser and to angle the turbo back. Looked to work well and we had to redo the flange so the turbo has a good base to be mounted to as well as to get the darn thing on there. Here is how it sits after, overall better but not what we will be using.Btw everything is going to be wrapped because we feel heat is a major issue with the main water line being near the manifold. Kinda nice polished look doesnt cut it for me im going for go not show.

#23 ·

Well Rob. I am still here and wow nice work done to the Car! You have moved along way form those days. My laughter was your statements you knew people who had c70 pushing 500Hp. Which is what i doubt didnt say it was impossible I said you didnt know anyone who had a C70 pushing 500HP. You might have one now coming close but again back then (come on now two years later, you can admit it now did you really know anyone with 500HP). But aside from that that engine looks great and wishing you all the best with it. have fun. Rob that engine looks great!!

Now me well Kai I still have the C70 wont get ride of it because its my daily commute to work.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.