SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Coilover kit for C70, S/V70, and all the 850s...oh yeah, and 40 series, too

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  mike_c70 
#1 ·
Hehehe..I promise Carlos, I won't be talking about it until he gives me the ETA. But, just want to get you all excited first...this is coming through very smoothly.

#2 ·
KW Suspensions coilover kit Group Buy.

What: Coilover kit for your 850/70/40 series. For those who have been waiting forever (I know I have) for someone to build you a coilover kit, the wait is over. I know I have tried to contact IPD, H&R, Bilstein, Leda, and even Ohlins, no one has been able to do anything for our cars. And you know very well Teins and other name brands the import boys are enjoying won¡¦t even bother look this way. Well, now you can have the coilover suspension you have been waiting for in just a couple of weeks.
For the 70/850 series, you will get the Variant 2 kit they are offering. Here is the direct quote from http://www.kwsuspensions.com : Our Variant 2 KW Coilovers utilize the same height-adjustable threaded chassis as the Variant 1, but also feature a rebound adjustable twin tube oil pressure damper. Taking KW's twin tube oil pressure dampener one-step further, our engineers have incorporated KW's adjustable absorption technology. These KW designed KONI built dampeners are externally* rebound adjustable with the use of an adjustment tool. With this tool, the rebound can be easily adjusted from the engine compartment, providing enthusiasts the ultimate suspension solution.

How: Contact both Carlos (Classiccatss40@aol.com) from Texas Automotive Performance (http://www.texasautomotiveperformance.com) at 800-343-7153 or myself (c70kai@hotmail.com) if you are interested. He will be receiving the goods from KW directly at his shop, but I would just like to keep track and see how many people will be interested.

When: The group buy starts now and ends on October 11th, 2002. Might consider few last minutes request before the Monday after. After the order has been sent in, the lead-time is 10 days, and 3~4 days for shipping to and custom clearance (from Canada). The shipping time depends on the shipping method you choose. So, I would say Oct 28th to receive the goods in your hands sounds about right.

How much: Retail for the 850/70 series is $1825, and $1600 for the 40 series. We have been able to get the price down to $1600 for 850/70 series, $1400 for the 40 series if we have combined of 10 set purchased.

Carlos and I have looked into many different manufacturers to get something done for the Volvo cars, but never were able to get anything done. The shop VST from Japan we have tried, still has not built their systems for the 40 and 70 series even though they have been advertising it. Finally, he came across KW and found out they just started offering kits for Volvo, so we decided to do this so everyone who has been looking and waiting can benefit from the discounts. I know some of you have been trying to build this coil over kit or asking some speed shop to custom build you one. But I personally wouldn¡¦t want to go through that ordeal again. I have spent way too much time and money for custom work on my car, if now someone is offering something off the shelf and fairly reasonable priced, that¡¦ll be my first choice.

If you have any question, feel free to contact us. Thanks..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.