SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Cam profile - The search for more HP

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  towerymt 
#1 ·
With all of the mods people have done to increase boost, I have not seen anyone mention changing the cam profile. The whole purpose of increasing boost is to push more into the combustion chamber. If the valve stayed open for a little longer, wouldn't you in effect end up with a similar result?

A while back I did run across one Volvo tuner who sold cams with a modified profile. I don't know if they were crap but, it does make an interesting "what if I....?"

And Kai, did your car pass the smog test?

Steve

#2 ·
Re: Cam profile - The search for more HP (SCFrost)

It sure will help, the problem is, there's no company out there that makes one for these engines.

I've used the cams from larger displacement volvo engines similar to our T5s, but the result was......dunno, couldn't tell. Didn't do step by step kind of comparison.

I know Heico was selling a set of cams, but someone I knew back then installed it on his car...didn't seem to make any difference either. I guess unless some company decides to make some very aggressive cams for our cars, only way to pumping more power is through turbo and other related upgrades.

Plus, the other upgrades are way more noticeable in these cars. We'll just have to wait until one day some company that is willing to risk themselves for the pointless R&D cost to develop something Volvo and get no customer even when they get it made. http://********************/smile/emwink.gif

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.