SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

What is your average MPG based on the volvo comp????

2K views 25 replies 16 participants last post by  phewfiger 
#1 ·
since i drive street to school and back.. i get 15.6Mpg http://********************/smile/emsad.gif

plus i think i need new sparks, which should up the MPG a little.. i doubt the previous owner changed them..and 30k is coming up.

See less See more
#2 ·
Re: What is your average MPG based on the volvo comp???? (GShyneDM)

Combined freeway and city driving keep me hovering in the 18.5 to 18.1 area.
I am going to Phoenix this weekend and we shall see what it does.

Since upgrading my ECU my average mpg shot up just a little (like .5 to .7 mpg or so) which IPD told me it would after I had it a few weeks. http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

#5 ·
Re: What is your average MPG based on the volvo comp???? (mike_c70)

LoL...you guys are going to hate me, and I got witness for this. I get average of 22 mpg for local and around 24 for highway. I think something is def. off.....maybe I should do some more calculation before I brag about it.

#6 ·
Re: What is your average MPG based on the volvo comp???? (The_one_n_only)

Don't think you are too far off, I regularly get around the 22 mark with a full tank and I do have a heavy foot!

Problem is that while I may get 22 mpg, you lot could be getting 8-10 and still pay less in bills!

Damn we're ripped off!

#10 ·
Re: What is your average MPG based on the volvo comp???? (mike_c70)

quote:

Kai take your reading from your trip computer on the dash. Thats what we are referring too. Not calculating it yourself.

Based on the trip computer I should be getting around 23-25MPG. Instead I'm calculating based on actual pumped gas and miles.
hrmmm...that means i am getting less than 15.7?! geez... i should start checkin manually http://********************/smile/emsmilep.gif

#12 ·
Re: What is your average MPG based on the volvo comp???? (C70SPEED)

quote:

You are forgetting that kai is a standard not an automatic hence better gas mileage!!!but with the mods WOW!!!
thats true... but i didnt think the difference was that much! yipes...

15 compared to 25 is almost DOUBLE!!!

[Modified by GShyneDM, 4:50 PM 10-25-2002]

#14 ·

On a long motorway run with the cruise set around 85mph, I regularly see 33mpg. Commuting (still mainly motorway) I average around 26mpg.

(Those are imperial gallons, so that would be the equivalent of 27.5mpg and 21.5mpg in the States).

#16 ·

Ha~! I got it up to 27.2 mpg today after all the highway driving (95%) w/ this tank of gas.

Not too shabby for this car. http://********************/smile/emsmile.gif I'm very happy.

#19 ·
Re: What is your average MPG based on the volvo comp???? (C70SPEED)

On my most recent trip on the highway I was doing about 10.0 kilometers per litre which equates to 26 MPG.

How accurate is the trip computer though? Cuz as I was driving my kilometers to zero fluctuated very rapidly. In a space of less than 5 minutes it went down maybe 30-40 killometers to zero. And then started to go up again. I was travelling at a relatively constant speed.

Is there anything to be concerned about? Or is it just overly sensitive?

#21 ·
Re: What is your average MPG based on the volvo comp???? (Rocco C)

I've got a 2000 with a 5-speed. I do mostly city driving, with a few short expressway runs every now and then. I hover within a few marks of 19.9 all the time.

My 98 S70 T5 5-speed usually got about 16-17, so I consider this a definite improvement.

Something about 99+ having variable valve timing, isn't there?

#22 ·
Damn...seems like the standards are getting better MPG!

The first two weeks I had the car, I was averaging a little over 16 mpg, city/highway. After a while, I was a bit easier on the car and started getting 18-19 MPG city/highway. The past month or so, I have been doing mostly highway driving with some city, as well as being very, very easy with the car, and I'm getting a little over 22 MPG.

#26 ·
Re: What is your average MPG based on the volvo comp???? (C70Salo)

Even though my car is an S70 I get 22.1 to 22.3 and 80% of my driving is in town. I guess that can be attributed to the fact that my car is a manual and I don't drive it above 2,500 rpms until about 5 minutes after I started the car and it is warmed up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.