SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Selling Price For 98 C70?

753 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  dcbeltran 
#1 ·
Okay guy's...I have a new addition coming into the family so I'm thinking about selling the car and maybe getting into a sedan. What would be a fair price for a 98 C70?
ipd black mesah grill
ipd springs.

I really don't know what going prices are for the car and I don't want to trade it in. Any help?

[Modified by dcbeltran, 8:38 PM 10-24-2002]

#4 ·
Re: Selling Price For 98 C70? (dcbeltran)

typically upgraded parts dont count for much of anything in selling price.

i'll tell you what i paid for my 98c70 earlier this year...

it had 25k Miles, Leather, Clean interior, very good appearance condition,

and it was sold for 22.5k plus tax and liscence. (i didnt know at the time that the car was in a fender bender and the front and rear was repainted until a few weeks later when i did a complete car detailing)

mine was a steal, others in a little worse condition with double the miles were trying to be sold for 25-30k. If you have a nearly perfect, and i mean perfect, i think 30k is the max. i havent seen a 98 coupe sold for more in the used market.

but since its been almost half a year later, your car has more miles, and i dunno about the condition, i'd think your going price would be around 21k to actually get some offers.

Good Luck on the sale....perhaps some nice pics of your car will help sell http://********************/smile/emsmile.gif http://********************/smile/embeer.gif

[Modified by GShyneDM, 8:16 AM 10-25-2002]

#5 ·
Re: Selling Price For 98 C70? (GShyneDM)

Thanks for the information. I think that is fair and I would probably take that. My car is in great condition except for minor wheel scrapes.It was that way when I bought it from the volvo dealer 2.5 years ago. I paid close to 29k back then so I think your price estimation is good. I plan on putting pics as soon as the monsoon stops falling on us her in Houston. Rain for 2 weeks straight.....and another weekend of it coming our way from Mexico's hurricane. Maybe next week I can have them posted.

Again thanks for the help.....

[Modified by dcbeltran, 11:47 AM 10-25-2002]

[Modified by dcbeltran, 11:48 AM 10-25-2002]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.