SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

LOOKING FOR UPGRADES

1K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  C70SPEED 
#1 ·
Ok Guys though of you who know me. I just off the phone with my mechanic who is a good friend also been a volvo mechanic for 20 years. Anyways here goes.. Volvo from sweden has an upgrade brake kit..17" rotars the whole nine yards..
They also have the sway bars THAT IPD does not have and is cheaper than IPD..
They also have a road holding kit which I am getting more details on..Adjustable shocks and more.
I once told you before that they have a racing division in volvo and that is where we are getting it from the racing division from volvo directly from sweden... YEah baby YEah...
If you want more details I will let you know

#2 ·
Re: LOOKING FOR UPGRADES (C70SPEED)

Volvo performance line brakes are 12" not 17, you would have to run 20" wheels with 17" brakes. hahahahaha, can you imagine, those would be ENORMOUS.

Road holding kit is the Ohlins kit, dual front/side adjustable remote resivours, and that thing is definitely a refined kit. It gets more solid than base-adjusted konis but without the harshness.

#5 ·
Re: LOOKING FOR UPGRADES (C70SPEED)

quote:

I once told you before that they have a racing division in volvo and that is where we are getting it from the racing division from volvo directly from sweden... YEah baby YEah...
If you want more details I will let you know
Do the have a Website or something that we can check out??? If they do please post the address. http://********************/smile/emexclaim.gif

#6 ·
Re: LOOKING FOR UPGRADES (Beemer_eater)

G. Road Holding Kit
Adjustable shock absorbers help provide optimal road holding. Based on Volvo's British Touring Car Championship racers, these Ohlins® front and rear shocks have eight different settings to accommodate your driving style and road conditions. Strut Brace available separately. See your authorized

Available for 850/s-v70 (first gen)

eastern aerospace sells this same kit that Volvo sells.

I am very interested to find out if anyone has any experience with this kit? And how it would compare to the KW Coilovers, Kai?

#7 ·
Re: LOOKING FOR UPGRADES (Kaizai)

quote:

I am very interested to find out if anyone has any experience with this kit? And how it would compare to the KW Coilovers, Kai?
Scott Hart at IPD had tried this before on his old C70, from how he sounded, he wasn't too impressed; especially with the price. But I doubt he will be using the KW kit any time soon to do a comparison. http://********************/smile/emwink.gif

#8 ·
Re: LOOKING FOR UPGRADES (The_one_n_only)

What he is telling me is that maybe you are right 15" rotars what he said is these things can only fit on 17 and 18 rims no smaller..I was confused sorry. No they dont have a website. its out of the volvo book that only dealers get like down here warren henry because they are sponsers for the racing division of volvo..I think I am going to order the sway bars from volvo and the bigger brake kits.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.