SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

RIP Bursting Blue

25K views 75 replies 30 participants last post by  alexd3498 
#1 ·
Looks like bursting blue didn't make it to the R-design model. Slight disappointment :(

#2 ·
I know, right?! I'm hoping the configurator may still be buggy, but as of now looks like it's the same muted palette for all trim lines. Denim blue is nice but doesn't scream sporty at all to me. Fusion red is our only hope anymore.

#4 · (Edited)
It's really a shame Bursting Blue is not an option, even on R-design. I know Denim Blue was quite popular ever since it was introduced in the new XC60, but I suspect it was simply because there were no other blue options available on non-R-design trims. Not to offend anyone who likes Denim Blue, but it looks kinda bland and washed-out to me. I would have loved to see a pure dark blue tone offered - similar to Caspian Blue, even darker. Packaged with the Blond interior and 19" Momentum rims this car would look stunning! And why on earth would they drop Onyx Black metallic? I hate non-metallic blacks - they show swirl marks almost as soon as you drive the car off the lot. Re-introduce Ember Black! Pebble Grey on R-design?? C'mon Volvo!! :facepalm:

As it stands right now, the only viable choice I have left is Pine Grey, which is both dark and unique enough. The good news is that the options are packaged nicely, even on Momentum (T6 AWD, woo-hoo!).

#5 ·
Yes, what a shame! It's hard enough to tell the Inscription and the R-Design apart, and now there is not even a difference in body colors. As a self-claimed premium car maker, they should offer dedicated colors for the R-Design trim. Also, it seems there is only one single type of rims available, and they are 18"! For the trim level that should be the sporty one!

#8 ·
Bursting blue may still not be available initially on the S60, as it is built in another factory on another continent from the V60.

#10 ·
What do you mean, R-Design M&M?

#11 ·
It's early days, and first release Volvo configurators are notoriously inaccurate; but it is ominous that Bursting Blue was left off the US configurator. Notice Bursting Blue was available on the XC40 RD configurator from the start, which as you know, is also an MY19 new model.

As for the Swedish site showing Bursting Blue available for V60 RD's, we've yet to see the V60 RD variant available on the US configurator, so perhaps an invalid comparison, or Bursting Blue (and perhaps V60 R-Design package in general) is only available via special order from the factory? I have just noticed that the Swedish site does not have the new S60 on their configurator (bygg) in any variant, so nothing to reference there.

https://byggdinvolvo.volvocars.se/se/bilar/bygg-din-volvo/#/series

#13 · (Edited)
Sounds like there maybe Bursting Blue option after all (at some point?), as well as a lighter interior option ("Slate") for R-design! Straight from the horse's mouth, time marker 15:40:

I am still keeping my fingers crossed for a black metallic.

#21 · (Edited)
How about a nice solid red for the V60 as an option? Does OSD get extra custom colors we can order?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

#22 ·
I haven't seen OSD info yet, but I don't think the 40 and 60 series are getting Passion Red.

#23 ·
Good to know. Passion Red and Ice White would be at the top of my list if offered on the V60 for North America or even as an OCD option. If not then I may just settle for Crystal White Pearl Metalic.

My dream V60 configuration would be the following.

• Momentum trim
  • Diesel (aint gonna happen in the US) so T6 AWD it is
  • Passion Red OR Ice White
  • U310-Blond City Weave
  • Linear Line Deco Inlays or Iron Ore Inlays -> Wish the Driftwood Inlays where an option on this trim level
  • 19" Momentum Alloy Wheels 235/40
  • Four-C Active Chasis
  • Bowers & Wilkins -> Might only be an option on R-line and Inscription models for the US I believe
  • Premium Package
  • Advanced Package (requires Premium Package)
  • Dual Exaust Tips Accessory

Probably going to wait and pull the trigger once the 2020 OSD models are available for ordering.

#26 ·
Keeping it clean. While Metallic Black isn't as bad, black is a color that doesn't look so great once it gets a bit of dust or pollen on it.

#27 ·
Not to mention swirl marks if your not careful.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

#29 ·
That's why I stick with metallic black only - the difference in swirl mark visibility between non-metallic and metallic paint is very noticeable. I used to own a non-metallic black car before, and will never buy one again either. But metallic blacks are not much different from any dark metallic color. I guess I am spoiled by San Diego weather (hardly any rain), but I don't find it too difficult to keep my two metallic black P3 S60's clean. A couple of weeks ago I washed my '18 and finished it with a layer of ceramic coating. Looks stunning, almost like covered in a layer of glass, and dust doesn't seem to stick.

#30 ·
They pulled Bursting Blue off the list for the V60 R-Design now as well. :(

#32 ·
It is gone along with Passion Red. They will offer Crystal White but not until February 2020 due to a supplier issue.

We have a Bursting Blue XC90 so we would not opt for an S60 is the same color anyhow but it is a beautiful color. Too bad that it appears Volvo is only offering mostly just different shades of grey now for color options (aside from fusion red).

Sent from my Galaxy S9 using Tapatalk

#33 ·
Hopefully Bursting Blue will make a return for the R-Design sedan and wagon. Or maybe it will at least be available via OSD for the V60 R-Design. It is still listed in other markets.

#34 ·
I was pricing out a V60 on the Volvo website and noticed no Bursting Blue and that could be a deal killer for me. All the available colors are fairly boring and I really like the idea of a wagon with a distinctive color. I also read that Amazon Blue is gone from the XC40 in 2020. That color was what closed the deal for my wife's XC40.

Oh well, VW is offering 40 colors on the Golf R so I can get one of those, save money and get an interesting color.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.