View Full Version : Life after XC90

RyVolvo
08-22-2018, 03:26 PM
Anyone already thinking what car to get after your XC90? I just started my lease 2 months ago and do think about what car I would like to get next or what 2nd car I would get. I have been seeing a lot of the new XC60 on the road and it's an option. The next gen XC90 or another X5.

chillg8r
08-22-2018, 03:54 PM
Not thinking about my XC90 replacement yet but am thinking about selling my BMW 428 next year for a sedan. Looking forward to seeing the S60 when it comes out, it looks very promising. Also on my list is an Alfa Giulia, Tesla 3 or CPO S, or a CPO S90. Iíll probably also look at the Genesis 70 and 80 and a Honda Accord. What i wont be looking at are any of the German cars; not that i have anything against German cars but none of them seem compelling to me.

Itís tough to compete against the Volvo interior though!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

yluong
08-22-2018, 04:01 PM
Also on my list is an Alfa Giulia,

Cars and Drivers rated it behind Kia Stinger, even without putting the price in the equation.

VolvoScott
08-22-2018, 04:19 PM
I'm thinking about the new X5 (https://www.bmwusa.com/vehicles/x-models/x5/all-new.html) and Q8 (https://www.audiusa.com/models/audi-q8-preview).

frontgear
08-22-2018, 04:41 PM
I had an MY2018 XC60 loaner for a month and really liked it. I would probably get one for my wife next.

hfwilkesjr
08-22-2018, 04:44 PM
V60CC looks very interesting but I have a few years. Whenever I think about another vehicle, thereís little that I see thatíll work better for me and my life than the XC90. I donít use the third row often, but when I need it, Iím very happy itís there. I like the Stinger especially for the hatchback but a wagon would be better, also something a little taller.....yeah, right back V60CC. Maybe I should just keep my XC90 and get something fun like a Miata or a Vette, I donít think they have ACC......how much is the Polestar 1? ;)

GoBlue99
08-22-2018, 04:46 PM
Our next car decision probably wonít be for another 5 years. We will then get rid of our 2014 Hyundai Sante Fe Sport. Iím not sure if we will do another SUV or move back to a sedan. Also not sure if we will do a luxury brand or mass market brand. I think electric cars will be fairly popular in 5 years so I could picture us buying one of those.

FusionRedXC60
08-22-2018, 04:53 PM
V60/CC T8, if ever made, is next crazy thing for me.
But once I lower my XC60 T8 by one inch, it will be pretty close to V60CC.

I also want the power mode to be default mode, but not that aggressive.

SG1
08-22-2018, 11:56 PM
Since having a taste of electric power with the T8 and loving it, I’m thinking that any replacement would have to be a full electric vehicle with luxury and performance. I’m excited to see what gets introduced in the next 5 years. I’d like to downsize, but I’m not sure that will be an option for long time.

inteller
08-23-2018, 08:06 AM
Since having a taste of electric power with the T8 and loving it, Iím thinking that any replacement would have to be a full electric vehicle with luxury and performance. Iím excited to see what gets introduced in the next 5 years. Iíd like to downsize, but Iím not sure that will be an option for long time.

same here. I'm basically biding my time with this one while charging infrastructure gets faster and more widespread. I'm not convinced Tesla will be in business in 5 years so not going that route.

wvinson
08-23-2018, 08:27 AM
I love my '17 RD, but am going back to the redesigned '20 Escalade. My 4 children are outgrowing the XC90 fast and hopefully the 10 speed tranny won't be a lemon!

fyreline
08-23-2018, 08:50 AM
Once we are past the point where we need three rows of seats, I plan on seeking out a nice low-mileage Bentley Continental S, British racing green with a tan interior. I know they are out there, and I hope that they still will be when I'm ready. The prices on these cars when they are only three or four years old is very reasonable for what you get.

RayD
08-23-2018, 09:08 AM
The V90/V90 CC has been looking kinda good to me lately. V90 in R-Design Trim or the V90 CC with all the packages optioned out. This would be in addition to my XC90 T8 and perhaps a replacement to my Infiniti QX56 (but more likely just an addition to the family). Another thought: I'm trying to wait VOLVO out to see what materializes on their other cars regarding the whole Engineered-by-POLESTAR thing. I love the T8 setup so I can easily see myself getting into my next VOLVO that at least has what the XC90 T8 offers regarding hp/torque.

yluong
08-23-2018, 09:44 AM
I'm basically biding my time with this one while charging infrastructure gets faster and more widespread.

You may be waiting for a long time. I think other EV car makers will eventually pay royalty to Tesla to make use of its existing SC facilities to jump start their EV production ramp. I also think plenty of pay-per-use charging stations will be built commercially once more EV's beside Tesla are more common. But, it's a classic chicken and egg issue.

Nickshu
08-23-2018, 10:08 AM
Either the next XC90 or a Cayenne. Cayenne mostly due to the higher towing capacity, I don't love how they look, even the new one.

apsinkus
08-23-2018, 10:13 AM
Either the next XC90 or a Cayenne. Cayenne mostly due to the higher towing capacity, I don't love how they look, even the new one.

Though I consider myself Porschephile, ma PCNA member still, etc. Cayenne is not a car I would get. It is about as mediocre as it gets for what should be expected out of Porsche.

apsinkus
08-23-2018, 10:16 AM
I ended up buying XC90 instead of leasing (I got rid of Jag, which I leased). It just gives me everything I need for daily driver. Realistically, when I start towing car trailer with race car again, it has enough capacity. Keeping this puppy for a while, just like I am keeping my Magnum. Both cars I really like.
I might get F-Type or go back to Cayman (not that 718 ****e) for my fun car. In the meantime, I am enjoying my PA2 and back massage while braving Boston traffic.

inteller
08-23-2018, 02:08 PM
You may be waiting for a long time. I think other EV car makers will eventually pay royalty to Tesla to make use of its existing SC facilities to jump start their EV production ramp. I also think plenty of pay-per-use charging stations will be built commercially once more EV's beside Tesla are more common. But, it's a classic chicken and egg issue.

Eh well I'll just get the next hybrid Volvo then. I'm not dealing with range anxiety or pushing my car around like a peasant. Nor will I wait hours at every stop to charge when you can refill with a combustable liquid today in about 5 minutes and be on your way.

Gary-16-Xc90
08-23-2018, 10:01 PM
I will likely buy another XC90 T8 when/if I replaced my MY16 XC90 T8. It could happen between 2020 and 2025. My T8 is running great so I am not in a hurry. Plus, I have the Platinum VIP 8 yr/100K mile extended warranty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

FusionRedXC60
08-23-2018, 10:43 PM
If Volvo make a camper van like VW Califonia, I will buy it. :)

Sent from my Z978 using Tapatalk

genesmasher
08-24-2018, 12:07 AM
same here. I'm basically biding my time with this one while charging infrastructure gets faster and more widespread. I'm not convinced Tesla will be in business in 5 years so not going that route.

LOL Interesting perspective on Tesla future! Tesla 3 performance looks enticing enough, I just cant seem to convince myself than I could live with one gigantic display in the middle of the dash, instead of the conventional layout in front of the driver. Maybe I am too old-fashioned.

Once we are past the point where we need three rows of seats, I plan on seeking out a nice low-mileage Bentley Continental S, British racing green with a tan interior. I know they are out there, and I hope that they still will be when I'm ready. The prices on these cars when they are only three or four years old is very reasonable for what you get.

OOO, that sounds like a great idea, and one of my favorite color combos too. Wish Volvo offered a green metallic like that...

Since wife just bought our new long-term SUV (2018 XC60 T8), I will be looking for another sedan in a year or two. New S60 is appealing to me, or possibly Acura TLX. Like the quietness and build quality of the 2019 Lexus ES, but not the looks, and don't really need that much backseat space. BMW, Merc, Audi, Infiniti are of no interest to me for various reasons.

XC90-18
08-24-2018, 08:53 AM
Anyone already thinking what car to get after your XC90? I just started my lease 2 months ago and do think about what car I would like to get next or what 2nd car I would get. I have been seeing a lot of the new XC60 on the road and it's an option. The next gen XC90 or another X5.

If the X5 is on your short list, you're better off with the X7. That's a 7 seater like the XC90.

RyVolvo
08-24-2018, 10:28 AM
Looks like the X7 might be bigger than the XC90. We should know more once it's unveiled.

Willybz
08-27-2018, 10:13 AM
If Volvo make a camper van like VW Califonia, I will buy it. :)

+1

LuminousSands
08-27-2018, 04:02 PM
GLS if you still need a third row- otherwise a macan gts!

solo118
08-30-2018, 10:25 AM
Either newer XC90, or X5. Nothing else really interests me.

ND40oz
08-30-2018, 02:03 PM
Looks like the X7 might be bigger than the XC90. We should know more once it's unveiled.

The dimensions of the concept were actually almost spot on with the XC90, just an inch longer or so. It looked about the same size in person. I was hoping it would be more GLS sized, no real reason to switch if it's not really any bigger, except for maybe the M50i part.

MacHead
09-01-2018, 10:17 AM
I traded in my 2016 Inscription for a 2018 MDX Advance Sport Hybrid this summer. The interior design may not be as "stylish" as the XC90, nor is the cockpit tech as advanced as Sensus or PA2. However, LKAS and ACC work fine and there is CarPlay. The seating is comfortable, there's more storage area and the cabin is way quieter than my XC90. I like having a hybrid, without having to deal with installing a charging station and the limited range of a plugin. With the magnetic suspension on the Sport Hybrid, the car handles like it's on rails, even in comfort mode. In Sport+ mode, it's almost like our TT. This past week, we did a 1000 mile road trip, with some 80mph interstate, city driving and then lots of twisting, Midwest back country roads. Enjoyed every bit of it and got >28mpg. Happy with my choice.

mhw23
09-01-2018, 07:02 PM
We just bought our new xc90 inscription to replace our 10 year old XC90. This car is for my wife and she has a long commute. We debated getting a Model 3 for her (I drive a Model S) but she didnít want to give up the 3rd row flexibility. She hates the look of the Model X so that was out of the question. I also have a long commute and itís been made 10x better in the Model S between AutoPilot and lack of maintenance required. When our kids are older Iíll try to convince her again to move to a smaller EV.

Tostik
09-02-2018, 01:00 AM
So, mostly Volvos. :)