SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

First recall

879 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  pony_trekker 
#1 ·
Noodling around on NHTSA site, checking the vins of my cars (because of anotther vague notice) and I found this:

Volvo Car Group has decided to launch Recall R19938 on model year 2019 S60 vehicles. Volvo has identified that the rear suspension toe link flange lock nut on both sides may not have been tightened.

Remedy
The corrective action is to inspect the rear toe link flange lock nut on both sides to verify they are assembled correctly. If the flange lock nut is loose, install a new flange bolt and flange lock nut. Please refer to the attached repair instructions.

Manufacturer's Notes
For Recalls prior to August 1999, contact Customer Care @ 1-800-458-1552 Mon-Fri 8:30am-5pm EST OR http://www.volvocars.com/us/footer/contactus.

#2 ·
Not a big deal. Affects a very little number of cars.... i think around the 70's.

My vehicle has it as well being a very low VIN and its merely an inspection and replace if loose. You would know if it was loose.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.