View Full Version : Welcome to the Certified by Volvo forum

GrecianVolvo
12-21-2019, 12:51 PM
I would like to thank Chris and the other admins of Swedespeed for providing this extra space where we can discuss anything related to the revamped Certified by Volvo program which has been super successful since its revision, November 1, 2018.

As of today, just about 27,000 Certified Volvos have been sold YTD, which is a 23.9% increase vs 2018.

Many of you know me, since I have been a member here since 2001. I work for Volvo Car USA and I am one of the 3 Regional Pre-Owned Managers, nationally, so I will do my best to answer your questions.

One thing I will ask to keep from making personal attacks/insults and unrelated to Certified by Volvo comments.

A couple of useful links:

Overview of the Certified by Volvo Program
https://www.volvocars.com/us/shopping-tools/shop/certified-pre-owned

National Pre-Owned Volvo Locator
https://cpo.volvocars.us/enus/vehicle-search

General FAQs re: warranty coverage/extensions
http://volvo.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/10219/session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xNTc2OTU0MTU4L3NpZC9mVW9JanlZb25hYy U3RThyaGVGMGdzdTZtZDBLaHVoT1gzQXBiM3luaEFtdDdJTXZB RWJJaTd0TSU3RUFCTTNvWlhQMFhGanJHJTdFQ1RIVHpJX3hybG hLUHJBOFIxazBhSFBpR0FCdjM2TGZRcXpIZVFERDlpX2J2TWRP VUElMjElMjE%3D

torstein
12-29-2019, 04:51 PM
Given the unlimited mileage, what's the downside of trying to find a CPO Volvo with the highest possible mileage on it to minimize further depreciation?

FusionRedXC60
12-29-2019, 10:02 PM
Given the unlimited mileage, what's the downside of trying to find a CPO Volvo with the highest possible mileage on it to minimize further depreciation?Transmission lifetime is the first concern. Although it could be mostly freeway trips, high mileage is always mileage.

Sent from my Z978 using Tapatalk

RootDKJ
12-31-2019, 08:50 AM
Hi Grecian,
I love the new CPO program and Im glad its being viewed as successful internally. As a high mileage driver, it gives me total piece of mind that Im always going to be driving a safe new Volvo, even if mine needs some work. I searched and waited about 8 or 9 months to find the right XC60 for me and it was totally worth it. I drive the XC60 of my dreams everyday.

Can the search parameters on the National CPO Vehicle Locator get updated? Add a search by trim level, engine level, or interior color. Filter for PHEV, Pilot Assist, HUD, 360 Camera, etc... Does premium sound sound mean HK or B&W? Lots of opportunities here. Also can we get email updates when new inventories are added? The alert system has never sent me anything.

Northeast
01-02-2020, 12:48 PM
I don't see a link to the detailed coverage items - really interested in what is not covered since it's exclusionary. Apologies if I missed it.

GrecianVolvo
01-04-2020, 07:35 PM
Hi Grecian,

Can the search parameters on the National CPO Vehicle Locator get updated? Add a search by trim level, engine level, or interior color. Filter for PHEV, Pilot Assist, HUD, 360 Camera, etc... Does premium sound sound mean HK or B&W? Lots of opportunities here. Also can we get email updates when new inventories are added? The alert system has never sent me anything.

This is good feedback; not sure if all these details can be added but I will forward this to the team that handles the website and see what other features can be added to enhance the locator experience.
Premium sound terminology varies, depending on the MY but (generally) it refers to B&W. Nonetheless, I think we need to make a distinction (going forward) between standard, premium and B&W.

GrecianVolvo
01-04-2020, 07:37 PM
I don't see a link to the detailed coverage items - really interested in what is not covered since it's exclusionary. Apologies if I missed it.

Hi Northeast,

Your Volvo retailer has a brochure that addresses the exclusions; please contact them and they will let you know what these items are.

zetatai
01-09-2020, 09:58 PM
This is good feedback; not sure if all these details can be added but I will forward this to the team that handles the website and see what other features can be added to enhance the locator experience.
Premium sound terminology varies, depending on the MY but (generally) it refers to B&W. Nonetheless, I think we need to make a distinction (going forward) between standard, premium and B&W.

Just want to 2nd the motion for revamped search parameters, amazed that AWD is not included ... and last time I searched, many (most) of the existing boxes were 'greyed out' & inactive. The previous generation of the CPO search engine was actually more efficient & functional.

GrecianVolvo
01-10-2020, 04:57 PM
Just want to 2nd the motion for revamped search parameters, amazed that AWD is not included ... and last time I searched, many (most) of the existing boxes were 'greyed out' & inactive. The previous generation of the CPO search engine was actually more efficient & functional.

I agree; it needs to improve. I will work on passing along the message.

URDRWHO
01-14-2020, 08:55 AM
I guess I'm about to see how well the Volvo CPO warranty works.

Well considering that I've owned my 2016 V60 CPO since March 2019 with 20,000 miles on it and it currently only has 27,0000 miles total on the car, it is still under warranty.

I am having an electrical issue with the AC/Heat fans not working and I'm considering what the dealer may throw my way as far as what is covered under the CPO warranty.

If it is a computer issue is that covered under the CPO warranty?

Blown fuse -- I don't think I should be paying a $100 service labor charge --- should I?

Weird that this car has such an issue after driving it for only @7,000 miles. But one thing that always bugged me was this - the dealer accepted the car in Oct. 2018 and allowed their sales person to drive the car until I purchased it in March 2019. Then they set their CPO check-up on the date of first acceptance, Oct. 2018.

So should I get ready to stand my ground and make the warranty cover whatever the issue is with the fans?

I've been sick for almost a month, on strong antibiotics, Prednisone and other goodies. The car fans worked the last time I drove it before Christmas and then on Sunday, the fans weren't working. I'm really not into taking this car anywhere without heat but tomorrow it visits the dealer.

GrecianVolvo
01-15-2020, 11:54 PM
I guess I'm about to see how well the Volvo CPO warranty works.

Well considering that I've owned my 2016 V60 CPO since March 2019 with 20,000 miles on it and it currently only has 27,0000 miles total on the car, it is still under warranty.

So, is it under the original new car warranty or has the Certified by Volvo warranty taken over?

I am having an electrical issue with the AC/Heat fans not working and I'm considering what the dealer may throw my way as far as what is covered under the CPO warranty.

If it is a computer issue is that covered under the CPO warranty?

Your Volvo retailer will be able to go over this with you, in greater detail.

Blown fuse -- I don't think I should be paying a $100 service labor charge --- should I?

To replace a fuse, no.

Weird that this car has such an issue after driving it for only @7,000 miles. But one thing that always bugged me was this - the dealer accepted the car in Oct. 2018 and allowed their sales person to drive the car until I purchased it in March 2019. Then they set their CPO check-up on the date of first acceptance, Oct. 2018.

This is a bit confusing. October 2018 would make this car fall under the previous Certified by Volvo program. If you didn't buy this car until March 2019m, then it should be covered under the current Certified by Volvo program UNLESS: this car was previously Certified and sold (prior to November 1, 2018) and,, somehow, it came back to your Volvo retailer which then would be covered under the old program. Did they give you warranty paperwork?

So should I get ready to stand my ground and make the warranty cover whatever the issue is with the fans?
You cannot "make a warranty cover" items; it will cover what is designated to cover. However, a diagnosis need to take place first.

I've been sick for almost a month, on strong antibiotics, Prednisone and other goodies. The car fans worked the last time I drove it before Christmas and then on Sunday, the fans weren't working. I'm really not into taking this car anywhere without heat but tomorrow it visits the dealer.

I hope you recover soon. Shoot me a PM and let me know how this has gone down. Where are you located?

Rossijs
02-16-2020, 06:17 PM
Hi Grecian,

I recently purchased a non-CPO V90 in Southern CA from a dealer, and was wondering why a pre-owned fleet vehicle would not fall under the CPO program. I was told that the vehicle was owned by Volvo and used by a manager at their corporate office. I assume this car was managed through enterprise or some other fleet service. Any idea why a factory owned car with only 7500 miles wouldn't qualify? Happy to provide more details on the car offline. I imagine you may actually know the vehicle if you have sightline to inventory.

GrecianVolvo
02-22-2020, 09:13 PM
Hi Grecian,

I recently purchased a non-CPO V90 in Southern CA from a dealer, and was wondering why a pre-owned fleet vehicle would not fall under the CPO program. I was told that the vehicle was owned by Volvo and used by a manager at their corporate office. I assume this car was managed through enterprise or some other fleet service. Any idea why a factory owned car with only 7500 miles wouldn't qualify? Happy to provide more details on the car offline. I imagine you may actually know the vehicle if you have sightline to inventory.

You were given the wrong information. Company cars are eligible to be Certified provided they meet all the eligibility requirements.

Please send me more info, via PM, and I can guide you further, including who the retailer is so I can make sure they understand the program completely.