View Full Version : Chicago anyone??

Chitownvolvofan
04-25-2020, 12:00 PM
Hey guys and gals, just curious if there's any chicagoland Volvo peeps around.. I've been a Volvo fan for quite some time, but finally driving one as a daily driver.. Love it and all its expensive quirks. 2004 Volvo V70r m66 6 speed. Titanium gray, Nordic blue leather.. Lots of performance mods, and still more to come. I see a few "R" owners zipping around and waving, but no chance of chatting with covid19 lurking at every corner.. So maybe I can make contact with other locals through this forum.. Cheers to all, and stay healthy!

jfbIII
04-25-2020, 12:35 PM
Well... I bought mine in Chicago :) Up in Milwaukee so not too far.

Chicago_Wagon
04-25-2020, 03:14 PM
Welcome to Swedespeed. I’m kicking around and location should be evident, LOL. There’s maybe 8 people who are close by and fairly active on Swedespeed, but some are in different platforms (P80, P2, SPA) and therefore different sub-forums. Not really sure who lurks, but there are some. I’ve been thinking it’s time for an IKEA midsommar get-together this year.

Edit: As an P2R owner, you could check out the “spotted” thread. You may have already been spotted.

https://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?143762-R-Sightings-Thread-No-Racing-or-Kill-Posts-Please

Empty
06-19-2020, 08:46 PM
I just picked up a V70R and drove it back from the west coast :thumbup:

hot_wire
06-28-2020, 12:11 AM
New XC60 owner in Chicago! Would love some help figuring out the VIDA/DICE system and getting to know my project car

Chicago_UnCommon_Bricks
06-28-2020, 07:24 AM
:wave:

hot_wire
07-01-2020, 08:49 AM
Also if anyone needs to borrow a VIDA DICE 2014D let me know. Happy to hook it up in Lincoln Park

ObeerbongKenobi
09-16-2020, 05:31 PM
i have a 2000 s70 AWD and recently moved to Hyde Park from NYC. Chicago sucks I hate it here! no good volvo mechanics anywhere here either. If anyone can recommend one in Indiana, wisconsin or IL I'm all ears!

Chicago_Wagon
09-16-2020, 07:13 PM
i have a 2000 s70 AWD and recently moved to Hyde Park from NYC. Chicago sucks I hate it here! no good volvo mechanics anywhere here either. If anyone can recommend one in Indiana, wisconsin or IL I'm all ears!

Um, that’s quite a broad statement. You hate everything about Chicago? Or just the mechanics? Which garages have you already visited? I’d ask why you chose to move here, but I have the feeling it wasn’t a choice. Hyde Park has some great areas, although the looting hit some of the retail corridors pretty hard, and the restaurants are mostly having a tough time due to COVID-19. Don’t get me wrong, there’s plenty of fücked up sh!t in Chicago, for sure. But there’s also plenty of awesome things here too. Every neighborhood has a different “feel” to it. Just my $0.02. YMMV.