SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Cayuga, Friday July 20

2K views 22 replies 4 participants last post by  Turbos60 
#1 ·
Im going up to Cayuga race track this friday with a few buddies, do a few runs down the 1/4 mile. 20$ and u race till 11pm

just letting you guys know in case you feel like joinin

#2 ·
Re: Cayuga, Friday July 20 (drin850)

I would love to but I don't know if my car is up to it right now. I'm only holding 8-9psi with no spikes and it's not going up anytime soon
. Once I get the 16T strapped in I'll be setting up a track date hopefully a few other volvo drivers from on here will join in. I won't be ready for the track for at least another month.

nice et btw adrian, what track did you do that at?

#4 ·
haha sounds like someone is interested

14.5 was done at Cayuga like, 6-7 weeks ago. i can launch a lot better now then when i went that time so i wanna give it another shot. hopefully get into low 14's

hell, that 14.5 was done with TRACS on...lol

#5 ·
Re: (drin850)

Good call with the tracs http://********************/smile/emthup.gif lol. tracs doesn't really hold you back much in the 850s, it's pretty much useless on the LPTs and HPTs. I found no difference in time when I was playing around with launching. Try launching with Michelin Harmonies

I'm jealous about that extra gear and pedal

That's pretty good for the first time out in the car. I was happy that I broke into the 14s on my first outing. that was my goal.

#6 ·
ya i gotta say im impressed with ur 14.9 for an LPT, ive seen HPT run slower than that.

i did 3 runs that night, first with TRACS off, i got 14.8

2nd run i forgot to turn off the TRACS and got 14.5

3rd run, turned it off and got 14.8 again

so this time i wanna get a good time with tracs off

#7 ·

Yeah my dads HPT ran 15.2 and that was its best run. It should easily be a mid 14sec car though. It's just got this weird boost cut-off thing happening and we think it's got something to do with the BOV. It holds around 15psi then drops to 4, stays there for about half a second and then spools back up to 15 again. It was the same thing that was happening with mine except mine mysteriously went away. I tried a whole bunch of things to get rid of it but it went away after I stopped trying (figures). and then my turbo/wastegate started to die... I gotta say, it's a love/hate relationship right now.

running with a 5spd must be nice though. I'm hoping low 14s with the new turbo.

btw, have you remapped it yet?

#9 ·

sounds like a plan. I'd like to finish the engine before I move on to more suspension mods. The engine will pretty much be done after the turbo, DP, and S60R mani (hopefully close to 300hp). I figured it's useless to do any more suspension mods when I still have the granny tires with 12" sidewalls.

Are you thinking about tracking your car? I was actually thinking about it this summer if I got the shock/struts and sway bars but I went the other way, so straight-line is all for me this summer!

#10 ·
haha naw no track for me, too much money on tires, brakes and whatnot. i installed H&R springs on stock shocks/struts a few weeks ago and the ride is starting to get bumpy.

but even before that, i wanna retrofit some projectors in the stock headlights and get some HIDs.

where are u gonna get ur car tuned after all the engine mods?

#11 ·

I know how it is with sport springs and stock struts. My dads car has sport springs all around (chopped in the front even), it's got koni sport shocks in the rear but the front struts are stock and it gets very bumpy around town. On the highway it's great though. What strusts/shocks are you going with?

What projectors? I've heard BMWs projectors fit quite nicely in the stock housing but still need some modifications. are you going with 6000K or 8000K?

Oliver at Speedtuning is going to take care of the map. I'm getting a stock T5 map and then sending it back once I get the DP and R manifold and possibly injectors for some fine tuning. He's giving me an awesome deal since we're also getting my dads XC90 T6 and my moms XC70 remapped as well (and i also got my LPT tune from him as well). My custom tune is basically going to be free. And with the dollar right now, this is the time to buy parts from the US!

#12 ·
Im probably gonna go with Koni yellows

right now im trying to get some TSX projectors, they're one of the best when it comes to OEM projectors and they fit pretty well too, just hard to find them for a decent price. once that's done im gonna get 6000K

is speedtuning in the US? i heard somewhere that they dont do 5speeds, could be wrong

#13 ·

From what I know they do. And yea they're in the US. Regular price for a basic remap is 325 and then a custom tune is an extra 250 I believe. You pretty much can't beat that for a custom tune. And Oliver is a pretty easy going guy to work with as well.

I'm definately going with konis for my car as well. The stock shocks/struts are doing pretty well with my EST springs right now. They're progressive wound so they aren't too bouncy. Are you thinking about sways too? You should take a ride in my dads 854 at the next meet (who knows maybe i'll have em on mine by then as well), you'll be sold within the first five minutes!

#14 ·
haha i love the way ur dad's car looks too. theres a group buy right now on volvospeed for speedtuning remaps for like 250$ or something, but someone mentioned that they didnt do 5speeds. anyway, i should look into some more

ps: its defenetly time for another meet

#15 ·

Well if he can do his own custom maps, there's no reason why he can't do one for a 5spd.

Yeah everyone comments on the raked forward stance of my dads car. I don't really like the stance of mine, I still want to look into taking a coil out of my front springs so the front sits a bit lower. It's too squatted right now for my taste.

I'm up for another meet as well (if my car is ready by then). I think it'd be cool to have a meet at a track one day. I know at the sparta track they have a big lawn where you park when you aren't racing. We can pylon-off a big area for Volvos and people can race and whoever doesn't want to can watch. They even let you set up bbqs or whatever you want.

You should poste some pics of your ride with the new springs.

btw, I just drove to Milton and back, about a 320km round trip and I had a CEL, TRACS, and ABS light on the whole week. They've been off and on for a week now but this is the first time they've stayed on for a whole trip. MORE problems to deal with now
. Spend so much money on maintenance there's none left for mods

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.