SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

This forum moves very slowly.

3K views 28 replies 13 participants last post by  ADP1 
#1 ·
Is it because of lack of information, lack of interest, or both?

Regardless, it's driving me crazy. I keep hoping things will pick up once people start taking delivery, but the fact that the S40 guys don't exactly have a wealth of information in their area (despite the fact that they've had the same engine for a while now) really doesn't bode well for the C30 side of the fence.

See less See more
#4 ·
Re: This forum moves very slowly. (vinazzurro)

Quote, originally posted by vinazzurro »
Is it because of lack of information, lack of interest, or both?

Regardless, it's driving me crazy. I keep hoping things will pick up once people start taking delivery, but the fact that the S40 guys don't exactly have a wealth of information in their area (despite the fact that they've had the same engine for a while now) really doesn't bode well for the C30 side of the fence.

I believe this forum moves more slowly because it is populated more by Americans, whereas other forums are populated by people in places where the car has been sold for months

tough for Americans to do much more than we've been doing

#6 ·
Re: This forum moves very slowly. (Shomare)

Dammit, Volvo should give me one for being so dedicated

I know what you mean!!!! I feel that way too
you talk them into it for both of us http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

The only thing I have been able to get is a free trip to Sweden and a few free nghts at the Radisson
.............which ain't a bad deal at all

#8 ·

Quote, originally posted by Shomare »
I've been following the car for four years so this seems like light speed to me compared to when I would troll the internet looking for info on the car.

Tell me about it. It has really picked up since the official US release.

Not to mention the car has just been released to dealers in the US so vinazzurro, I think youre expecting a bit more than what exists...No one has a C30 yet, but they will, oh they will.

Why not post some pics of your C30? Im assuming you have one?

#9 ·
Re: This forum moves very slowly. (sanatarium)

Me? No, I don't have one yet... which is actually why I'm trying to learn as much as I can about the car and its potential.

This is how I do things... if I'm interested in something, I research it to an insane degree before taking the plunge.

#10 ·
Re: This forum moves very slowly. (uv23)

Quote, originally posted by uv23 »
http://c30world.com
Yep, some real winners here. Guy complaing that the stereo buttuns and the cruise buttons should be reversed
Poor guy, he keeps his hand always on the shifter (bad) so (sob) he has to remove it to up his volume

#11 ·
Re: This forum moves very slowly. (JRL)

Quote, originally posted by JRL »

Yep, some real winners here.

Lots of people new to Volvo's and upscale cars. Lots of young people, learning.

As the moderator there, I like to think that there are no stupid questions as we all seek to share and learn about Volvo's newest product.

A little patients goes a long way...

#12 ·

Yep, some real winners here. Guy complaing that the stereo buttuns and the cruise buttons should be reversed
Poor guy, he keeps his hand always on the shifter (bad) so (sob) he has to remove it to up his volume

I think I can recall similar complaining from a guy called JRL over at the R forum a couple of year back..

#13 ·
Re: This forum moves very slowly. (Johann)

Quote, originally posted by Johann »

I think I can recall similar complaining from a guy called JRL over at the R forum a couple of year back..

Not me, about what?

#14 ·

A little patients goes a long way...

Patience

Not to worry, I never will own one

#15 ·

I was at 2 volvo dealers over the last week- Saw the exact same demos and both dealer. THe car is very nice looking person. Id love to take one for a ride, but I didnt have time so I didnt even ask.... The pearl white with brown ground effects is really a pretty cool looking car. I was surprised I liked it as much as I did.. Prolly wont buy one, as I like larger cars for ever day, and higher performance cars for the small toys.. but who knows.. maybe... An AWD version with a diesel engine would be compelling... I am sure it wont happen tho...

#19 ·
Re: This forum moves very slowly. (ADP1)

Quote, originally posted by ADP1 »

I believe this forum moves more slowly because it is populated more by Americans, whereas other forums are populated by people in places where the car has been sold for months

tough for Americans to do much more than we've been doing

LOL.

#20 ·

It is stupid, to be honest. Drives me nuts in the V70, espc. since my Pathfinder has them the right way.

#21 ·
Re: This forum moves very slowly. (Needsdecaf)

Quote, originally posted by Needsdecaf »

It is stupid, to be honest. Drives me nuts in the V70, espc. since my Pathfinder has them the right way.

But...what about the steering wheel controls? I do not even bother with any other controls, while I am driving.

Yannis

#22 ·

Then why are you trolling the C30 section
Because of comments like yours

#24 ·
Re: This forum moves very slowly. (KeystoneVolvo)

Quote, originally posted by KeystoneVolvo »

But...what about the steering wheel controls? I do not even bother with any other controls, while I am driving.

Yannis

??

That's what I was referring to. The controls really should be opposite, IMO. Having the radio controls on the right means they are quite close to the ones on the actual radio itself. Doesn't make much sense.

#25 ·
Re: This forum moves very slowly. (Needsdecaf)

Quote, originally posted by Needsdecaf »

??

That's what I was referring to. The controls really should be opposite, IMO. Having the radio controls on the right means they are quite close to the ones on the actual radio itself. Doesn't make much sense.

I am fairly confident when I say, "There is no right and wrong on this"

jsut because one guy likes it one way, that doesn't make it "right"

people have different preferences - I, for one, feel differently than needsdecaf. I have the audio controls at my left hand (on the st. wheel) in another car, and I hate it

you get used to something, and you like it - that's all this is

there is no RIGHT and WRONG

what would be WRONG, is having NO controls on the st. wheel. Or having the "up" volume button in the "down" postion. Those would be WRONG.

Can't we all just get along????

#26 ·
Re: This forum moves very slowly. (ADP1)

Quote, originally posted by ADP1 »

I am fairly confident when I say, "There is no right and wrong on this"

jsut because one guy likes it one way, that doesn't make it "right"

people have different preferences - I, for one, feel differently than needsdecaf. I have the audio controls at my left hand (on the st. wheel) in another car, and I hate it

you get used to something, and you like it - that's all this is

there is no RIGHT and WRONG

what would be WRONG, is having NO controls on the st. wheel. Or having the "up" volume button in the "down" postion. Those would be WRONG.

Can't we all just get along????

Did you miss the part where I said "IMHO"? Last time I checked that stood for In MY Humble Opinion.

That would be MY opinion.

If you like 'em on the right, good for you. http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.