View Full Version : Anyone need a Windows Systems Administration job?

AhDoi
03-10-2008, 10:03 AM
Hey guys, my brother works at a place called eScription in Needham, MA and their IT team is looking for 2 guys to fullfill the roles of the Windows Admin I & II position. Expected pay is below along with a detailed job description.<p>He says that if you are interested, he can almost guarantee you at least a phone interview and probably an in-person interview. So if you are interested, please let me know.<p>----------------------------------------------------------------------<p>Windows Administrator I: $45,000-$50,000 (depending on experience)<br>Windows Administrator II: $55,000-$60,000 (depending on experience)<p>This is geared more towards the Admin I position…so the guy wanting to be Admin II better have more than 2 years of experience.<p>Overview: <p>eScription is a rapidly growing software company with a computing infrastructure that is growing just as rapidly. As such, eScription's Systems Administration Group has an open position for a Systems Administrator focused on the Microsoft Windows components of our infrastructure.<p>The ideal candidate will possess 1-2 years of experience in a Microsoft Windows based infrastructure. Participate as a member of the Systems Administration group providing all levels of technical support. Work in a fast paced, dynamic environment where your technical and customer service skills will be challenged on a daily basis.<p>Responsibilities: The primary responsibilities of this position are as follows:<br>• Configuration and installation of Windows 2003 servers.<br>• Daily management of all Exchange 2003 Server components.<br>• Monitoring of corporate backup solution for servers, desktops and laptops.<br>• Daily management of spam, anti-virus, spyware and wsus rules and/or quarantines.<br>• Servicing desktop and laptop requests for assistance from employees.<br>• Installation & de-installation of software.<br>• Plan, implement and maintain future Microsoft technologies <br>• Performance of planned maintenance.<br>• Assistance with general systems administration tasks.<br>• Other tasks as assigned by the Manager of Corporate Systems.<p>Qualifications: The successful candidate will meet the following requirements:<br>• Experience with the Microsoft Windows environment, specifically Windows Server 2000/2003 and Windows XP.<br>• Experience administering Microsoft Exchange servers.<br>• Experience with Active Directory and Group Policy Management.<br>• Knowledge of DNS, DHCP, WINS and File/Print services.<br>• Knowledge and familiarity with computer hardware including pc, servers and printers.<br>• Experience with spam filters, anti-virus software and spyware detection/removal tools.<br>• Strong customer service skills with the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees. Possess a high degree of self-motivation and organizational skills.<br>• Be able to perform effectively as part of a small team in a rapidly growing, dynamic company.<br>• Willingness to carry a pager and be on-call.<br>• Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds. <p>Additional qualifications may include:<br>• Experience with the Linux operating system, specifically Red Hat.<br>• A+ Certification and Microsoft Certifications.<br>• Recent experience in a technical support role.<br>• Recent experience with Dell servers.<br>• Recent experience with IBM laptops.<br>• Networking experience (DNS,SMTP,NFS)<br>• Any other relevant systems administration experience.