in need of advice...volvo certified pre-owned warranty issue
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

in need of advice...volvo certified pre-owned warranty issue

So maybe I am an idiot, but, in November of 06' my wife and I bought our first Volvo, an 05' S40 T5. We bought the car used obviously, but from a Volvo dealership. We were a little sketchy about buying the car, as it was used, with 15K miles on it, and the price was higher than private sellers. The salesman told us that the car was certified pre-owned, and came with a 6 year 100,000 mile warranty from the original sale date. This became a major selling point for us. Because the car had just been traded in it had no stickers on it yet verifying any of this, we simply took his word for it. When we went in to sign the papers to complete the sale, we met with a different individual, the sales manager. During the multiple signings, he had us sign the buyers guide, a piece of paper that is typically in the window, and indicates that the car still has a warranty. He wrote in lines for us to sign, and simply said, "this is just to confirm that you understand the warranty on this vehicle." We said yes, because we thought we did, and signed. I am trying to sell this car now, and I called the service department to get exact info on the warranty, and they told me that my warranty was the original in-service, not the certified pre-owned warranty. So I went back to all of my paper work on the car, and I find a copy of that piece of paper I signed. In small hand writing above where we signed, it said, Original In-Service, with the date of the original purchase. So after losing a night of sleep over this, I am still trying to figure out what to do. I have not called the dealership or the salesman yet. Basically, I trusted a car salesman and got the shaft. My fault, I know. But do I have a leg to stand on? Is there anything I can do? Anyone with any advice is welcome to comment. Thanks in advance.
      Sleepless in California

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Forum Sponsor universityvolvoOSD's Avatar

Re: in need of advice...volvo certified pre-owned warranty issue (CRRC)

check your IM....
      Bob Kennedy
      University Volvo OSD Mgr
      Charlotte NC
      VOLVO FOR LIFE
      http://www.universityvolvo.com/volvo...as-program.htm

4. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements