Mn R guys - Page 2
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 2 of 71 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread: Mn R guys

Nice Z man! The 17's rub that bad huh? I'd get those shims i mentioned in the steering stops. That should help way better with the 17's than 18's. RAndrewR, you must be rolling in the dough with a Z and an R and still in school

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Re: (atacamaRfan)

About a year ago by cedar and 62.

I still want to know who was in Farmington (sightings post).

are they doing a HIN at the Convention Center this weekend!??

I would love to go, but my only other car friend is a "euro-snob" and hates all things that pop rice or spaghetti..

Currently: 2004 S60 R GT Black Saph - Mileage: 69502 as of 7/10/2013
      Sold: 1992 960 with the inline
      Sold: 1994 850

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

there is a whole section of Euro cars. My buddy Rob with the flat forest green looking wide body A4 and a ton of other Euro cars always put on a good show! I would encourage everyone to come even if just for a little bit. It gets a little noisy in there and kinda dark but i know that the Euro guys have a well lit up section and hopefully when I am donw with the R will enter my R with them as well! Anyways, i will be with a twin turbo blue 350 and a twin turbo G35 coupe so if you see me walking around stop by and introduce yourself!

Re: Mn R guys (RDP)

Quote, originally posted by RDP »

Although I am not a current R owner, I also find Glasgow Automotive (740 University Ave) to be top notch. My parents have taken their Volvo's there for years and I have done the same. Both Mike (the owner) and his son by the same name are extremely honest and knowledgeable. Their tech turnover is quite low too. Just a great place to take your Volvo!

You know I think I've driven by this place when they had 3 s60r sitting out on the street. When my warranty ends in the next 2 months or so I'm going to drive over and offer them my business. I assume they are knowledgeable with the R's?. thanks for the tip

'05mt blk/atacama SR with a few mods
      '02 v.7 sti wagon-the winter beater
      '02 wrx stage 2 rebuild thread -sold
      "I mostly like to street race in school zones, simply because they show your trap speed on the digital display."-BroCo

anyone know who has a black v70 T5 in our area with sick black rims with silver trim?

Re: (AbsolutZer0)

I live really close to the Borton on Lyndale so if this Mike Deblock is out in GV am I in the clear to get my car serviced at the Lyndale Borton?
      Mike is at the Lyndale location.
      I have been dealing with Borton since 1960! I have been through 42 volvos and all have been serviced by them. My V70R is two and a half years old and Mike is the only mechanic I allow to work on it. I have never had any warranty or repair issue with them or Mike. When you go to the dealer service dept. they have three service advisors, I like Doug. He knows me and how I want the car taken care of, I am very pickey about my vehicles. If you do not want Mike to work on your car, thats OK, they have many good techs there. Just tell the service advisor you do not want Mike to work on your vehicle. As I stated, he is a "R" owner and loves his car. Also, when do you think a service tech that starts at 7:00 A.M. and works untill 4:00 PM has the time in his day to look at SweedSpeed. The union would frown on a tech. spending time at a computer terminal.
      Regarding the disparaging remarks about Mike, they are uncalled for. I am sure those that made them are aware the service advisor and Tim Simonson, the Service Manager, are the dealer personnel that determine warranty policy. If it is still a question they defer to the regional rep.
      I have known Tim for over twelve years and he has always been fair in dealing with warranty issues.
      So, I suggest you visit Borton, meet with the SA and Tim. Tell them your expectations regarding service on your vehicle and if they do not meet it, you can spend the time driving to Kline or the independent in St. Paul. If you do not want to wait for your service, Borton's shuttle will drop you off at your home and pick you up when your vehicle is ready. (You said you lived close to them)
      I wish you the best and hope to meet you at a MN GTG.
      John
      2018 V90 T6 RD Passion Red, Amber, Polestar

So how is it thatdrives gray V70R and drives on Cedar Ave in Lakeville??? I see you all the time.

John/Skykng - I also have been with borton lyndale for a long time, our family has always had our cars purchased and serviced there.

Clearly there is something awry in that you have had no issues with Mike and other people on here have had issues with him.

I think the biggest thing here is asking the question:

Does mike have aftermarket stuff on his car? Does he take the warranty word for word literal and not make warranty claims if there is an aftermarket part?

I think these guys are experiencing the service dept not wanting to take warranty claims if they have done aftermarket work on their car.

The largest issue for me are things like the spacers and the straightpipe, both of which do nothing adverse to a car, yet are being used as reasons not to fill a warranty claim.

John, do you have aftermarket on your car that Mike overlooks when you get serviced? Does Mike have aftermarket on his VR?

I don't have an R but I am in Sioux Falls, so depending on the area of Minnesota you guys are in I am fairly close.

If you guys ever have meets email me and I will make the trip up!

[email protected]

thanks!

1998 S70 T5M
      OBX, FMIC, NA TB + Ported IM, Homemade HD TCV, 3" fresh air pipe to turbo and short shift kit, brass shifter bushings, delrin shifter assembly bushings, HKS SSQV, IPD strut brace, Titans, R Bumper, Mookeeh BG

Re: absolut

Quote, originally posted by jrodT5 »

If you guys ever have meets email me and I will make the trip up!

Speaking of meets, how did that gtg go down in August absolut? any pics from that?

"I mostly like to street race in school zones, simply because they show your trap speed on the digital display."-BroCo

Hey guys!
      Just wanted to let you know there is a ton of sweet Euro cars down at HIN. We set up yesterday and from what i saw, there were more cool BMW and Audi and VW and MERCs than any asian cars (except the modified GTR). Of course there was a hummer on 30" but you are gunna draw a little bit of that crowd haha. Anyways i would encourage all of you to come down if you are not doing anything and love cars because there is alot of cool stuff this year! No volvo's as of yet but maybe next year we could all enter? Hope to see some of you there! I am going to be over in the boost crew booth with the Z so come over and say hi!
      Andrew

Re: (SKYKNG)

SKYKNG -

I believe you are talking about a different Mike. Warpedcow and I were referring to Mike Deblock. He is a service adviser with Borton, not the mechanic you are speaking of. I'm not saying their mechanics are incapable and would surely take your word if mechanic Mike has an R and has performed well for you in the past. What I was complaining about is the face-to-face service I received. I expect great service, I didn't feel I received it at Borton and I guess I don't feel too bad about letting others know my experience - similar to how I wouldn't scoff at you for sharing a positive comment about Borton. Regardless if they have time or not, I wouldn't expect a mechanic or service adviser to surf the internet while at work (who does that? what a silly idea), but they could learn how to handle and deal with people and not sound condescending towards someone like myself because I did the research to diagnose something by using that crazy tool they call the internet and reviewing forums such as this.

For what its worth also when looking into extended warranty's for my car, Kline offered the same warranty for $1k cheaper than Borton --- not sure how that worked out. I'd think they would be right on at the same mark.

Someone who has met my expectations of service is Glasgow's. I've worked with both Mike and Mike Jr. Mike Jr. spent a ton of time speaking with me on the phone about what to look for, stay away from, etc. when I was looking for my R ---- prior to my ever being a customer of theirs.

RandrewR -

Spend much time in Stillwater do you? I notice the lift bridge in the background. I grew up there.

Yeah my GF used to live there before she moved down with me That pic was taken on the way back from the Osceola car show last year but good eye! That is the bridge that is clearly marked no Semi's and for some reason someone drive down it with a semi and smashed a ton of beams and they had to close it for a couple weeks! Smart drivers lol

lol, Osceola, my great grandparents used to live there back in the day. I still remember walking down to the waterfall area and going to the coffee shop that has the best selection of Jelly Belly's on the planet!

Haha, I also recognized the bridge, my dad used to drag me down there to point out it was one of the few lift bridges left

Lift Bridge just got stuck on Friday as a matter o' fact.

haha figures! that thing is old as hell haha, anybody make it to the show this weekend? there were tons of modified BMW's and Audi's

i was studying for my LSAT which is on saturday

Re: (MinnesotaR)

I did check and the mechanic is Mike Grimsley. He does not have mods to his car. I also do not have mods to my R.
      Mike DeBbock is at the Golden Valley location. He was at Lyndale for very short time four years ago.
      I also checked and they will work on modded cars, but is really depends on the mods. you can call to verify what they will and will not do and if it is a warranty item directly cocerning a mod they probably will not work on it.
      2018 V90 T6 RD Passion Red, Amber, Polestar

Quote, originally posted by SKYKNG »

Mike is at the Lyndale location.

What is the last name of "your Mike"? I don't see any Mike's listed at Borton's web site for the Minneapolis (Lyndale) location.

I have been dealing with Borton since 1960! I have been through 42 volvos and all have been serviced by them. My V70R is two and a half years old and Mike is the only mechanic I allow to work on it. I have never had any warranty or repair issue with them or Mike. When you go to the dealer service dept. they have three service advisors, I like Doug. He knows me and how I want the car taken care of, I am very pickey about my vehicles. If you do not want Mike to work on your car, thats OK, they have many good techs there. Just tell the service advisor you do not want Mike to work on your vehicle. As I stated, he is a "R" owner and loves his car. Also, when do you think a service tech that starts at 7:00 A.M. and works untill 4:00 PM has the time in his day to look at SweedSpeed. The union would frown on a tech. spending time at a computer terminal.

If your "Mike" is an actual mechanic, rather than an SA, then it is not the Mike Deblock the rest of us are talking about. Mike Deblock is an SA at Borton Golden Valley (I394).

Regarding the disparaging remarks about Mike, they are uncalled for. I am sure those that made them are aware the service advisor and Tim Simonson, the Service Manager, are the dealer personnel that determine warranty policy. If it is still a question they defer to the regional rep.

I have known Tim for over twelve years and he has always been fair in dealing with warranty issues.

Except that he hasn't. If he's the one who makes the decisions, then he makes them in a way to screw the customer.

To recap, this was my situation:
      1. I drove through a rainstorm, and some small puddles. Maybe an inch or two of water. Car worked fine.
      2. I drove into my garage after this storm, car worked fine still, including headlights.
      3. The next day I started my car, no headlights. Since the car did nothing but sit in my dry, warm garage when the headlights failed, I don't know how the heck their failure could have been caused by my abuse.
      4. Borton GV tells me the headlights (and thus the whole car) was flooded by me, so they wont fix the headlights under warranty.
      5. Kline fixes the headlights the headlights under warranty.
      6. A year after the above, my DEM and some other AWD stuff fail in Denver, in a rainstorm.
      7. Borton tells me that since I flooded my car a year ago (BS) they won't fix it under warranty.
      8. Kline fixes my DEM/AWD under warranty.

So yeah, whoever decides warranty stuff at Borton GV is a worthless D-Bag. The end.

So, I suggest you visit Borton, meet with the SA and Tim. Tell them your expectations regarding service on your vehicle and if they do not meet it, you can spend the time driving to Kline or the independent in St. Paul.

I have, many times, talked to them both. They basically claimed I was lying about what happened to my car. They said I flooded it and that's how water got in my headlights. I said the headlights must be flawed because I drove through maybe a few inches of water and that caused the water to get in there, and that shouldn't happen. Gee do you think if my car WAS flooded that maybe there would be water other places? Like my interior? And actually if i flooded my headlights, I would have flooded my engine, since that's where the air intake is. Heck I didn't even flood my Kelly CAI and that's less than a foot off the ground. What a bunch of a-holes. I don't need to take this from them, or anyone else.

If you do not want to wait for your service, Borton's shuttle will drop you off at your home and pick you up when your vehicle is ready. (You said you lived close to them)

Borton is always good about arranging a loaner or free rental for warranty work. But then, so is Kline as long as you arrange it ahead of time.

2002 S60 T5 5M (SOLD) - ECU, intake, exhaust || 2006 S60R 6M Sonic Blue (Saved My Life), 2:03.5 at BIR long course, 2:00 at BIR short course, My HD Trackday Videos, Loud enough for ya? || 2007 S80 V8 (SOLD), 35% tint, Sport Package (4C), Heated and Cooled Seats, IPD Rear Sway Bar || 2011 XC70 T6, 35% tint, IPD Rear Sway Bar, IPD Photo Contest Winner in 2015 and 2016, Dragon Slayer || 2015.5 XC70 T6 Polestar Tuned || 2015.5 V60 P* #46/80

Re: (AbsolutZer0)

Quote, originally posted by AbsolutZer0 »

I think it was Hoagrod who had the dealer tell him they couldnt cover his warranty on the wheel bearing issue because of spacers.

That happened to me. It's one of my Mike Deblock horror stories. Possibly hoagrod and others had this happen as well though...

2002 S60 T5 5M (SOLD) - ECU, intake, exhaust || 2006 S60R 6M Sonic Blue (Saved My Life), 2:03.5 at BIR long course, 2:00 at BIR short course, My HD Trackday Videos, Loud enough for ya? || 2007 S80 V8 (SOLD), 35% tint, Sport Package (4C), Heated and Cooled Seats, IPD Rear Sway Bar || 2011 XC70 T6, 35% tint, IPD Rear Sway Bar, IPD Photo Contest Winner in 2015 and 2016, Dragon Slayer || 2015.5 XC70 T6 Polestar Tuned || 2015.5 V60 P* #46/80

I did check and the mechanic is Mike Grimsley. He does not have mods to his car. I also do not have mods to my R.
      Mike DeBbock is at the Golden Valley location. He was at Lyndale for very short time four years ago.
      I also checked and they will work on modded cars, but is really depends on the mods. you can call to verify what they will and will not do and if it is a warranty item directly cocerning a mod they probably will not work on it.

OK, I'm actually tempted to give Borton Minneapolis a try, and request Mr. Grimsley. Do you know if the two Borton locations share records? IE, will the Minneapolis location know I used to run wheel spacers if the GV location made a note of it?

I posted another proposal in the Midwest forum section about a possible meet. Check it out and post thoughts on this.

Evan (hoagrod)

another local here - just haven't been on ss lately
      2006 V50 T5 AWD

Re: (dbf73)

Quote, originally posted by dbf73 »
      another local here - just haven't been on ss lately

welcome to SS, there are more and more of us from the cities all the time.

anyone remove their resonator yet? I want to remove mind but would like to hear how loud it is with it removed.

yeah I wanna hear it too! I am super pumped to do it but i wanna hear someones car that has already done it to make sure i like it!

My res is gone.

mine is gone too

It's not really that much louder. Virtually unoticeable in the cab. It just gives it a little more growl outside the car. Most noticeably at first start up. You'll be happy you did it when you do. Or go on youtube and type in S60R resonator delete. There are a few clips with R owners that have their resonator removed. Hope that helps. If you'd truely like to hear what it sounds like in person, I'd be glad to meet you somewhere so you can here it before you remove it. If you'd like. Let me know. It's worth it!!!!,

Evan (hoagrod)

im doing it this week!

Well if you want to hear it before you decide to do it let me know and I can meet you somewhere.

thanks man will do! anybody go to cars and coffee this morning? My buddy went early and said there were a couple R's there but i had to go into work and showed up at like 10:45 with the Z so i think i missed the R guys but either way it was a great turn out! tons of very nice cars!

I had my LSAT at 9am so no c ars and coffee, but i may be able to find time soon!

Hell, it may be fun to have some R people over for cars and beers some friday/saturday or even sunday to watch the vikes after this week! Actually, after next week since ill be in kansas...

I would be down for that once I return from Iraq!

Just got my car back from Kline Volvo.

They were able to diagnose a couple of problems that Borton could not.

I'm getting a new steering rack/gear to solve the creaking front end.

I'm also getting new rear bushings to help reduce some of the side-hop.

38. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 2 of 71 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 52 ... LastLast